- We are a group of professional Jewish Satirists, hoping to bring an occasional smile to our fellow jews.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 1190 Rating: 5.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- A la recherche de Russian Jew
- Russian Jewish Identity; Soviet and post-Soviet Russian Hews. An essay by Alexander Lvov
(Added: 21-Sep-2001 Hits: 360 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- A Little Crazy
- An elderly Polish man spends his last days with his favorite nephew - a tale of life, death, storytelling, laughter, tears, being Jewish, jazz, secrets, Golda Shifstein and glass pants - a play by Joseph Reed Hayes, produced for the 2002 Orlando Fringe Festival May 10-19
(Added: 17-Feb-2002 Hits: 319 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- A Timeless Journey Through Jewish Song
- A heart-stirring collection of Yiddish, Hebrew and English melodies performed by mezzo-soprano, Tsepora, this CD is a must for lovers of Jewish music. Universal in their appeal, Tsepora performs these classic songs with all new arrangements and full orchestration. To purchase and for a sound byte, please go to website: www.tsepora.com. Tsepora is also available for concerts. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Added: 26-Feb-2002 Hits: 546 Rating: 4.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- ADNO Jewish Humor Digest
- Here is an announcement for people who like jokes: The ADNO Jewish Humor Digest. Attention all connoisseurs of fine Jewish humor. Subscribe and get the best Jewish Humor in your mailbox. Free ads for subscribers, contests, give-a-ways To subscribe send a blank e-mail to: email@example.com.
(Added: 1-Oct-2002 Hits: 391 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- All About Jewish Theatre
- The Global Website to promote and enhance Jewish Theatre and Performing Arts Worldwide. To provide a user-friendly platform for intercultural dialogue between Jewish communities worldwide and the State of Israel through artistic exploration via the Internet.
To provide an interactive global network for professionals in The Theater and Performing Arts.
We put the production & research capabilities of The World Jewish Theatre at your fingertips.
(Added: 5-Sep-2003 Hits: 267 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ask Yenta
- Ask Yenta - jewish yenta who will answer your questions
(Added: 8-May-2006 Hits: 159 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Australian Jewish Genealogy
- Resources and discussion group to assist researchers regarding Australian Jewish Genology. Home site of AJGS and AJHS.
(Added: 26-Jul-2001 Hits: 295 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Better Don't Talk - A play about an actress in the Vilna Ghetto
- International actress Naava Piatka's one-woman musical play: "BETTER DON'T TALK!- A DAUGHTER DISCOVERS HER MOTHER'S HIDDEN PAST" recreates the untold stories and dramatic life of her mother, actress Chayela Rosenthal, "Wunderkind of the Vilna Ghetto Theatre."
With characteristic humor, orginal songs written by her uncle, Leyb Rosenthal (including Yisroilik & Ich Benk Aheim) along with spellbinding narrative, Naava brings to life the rich cultural legacy of the past through her compelling performance.
(Added: 7-Jul-2002 Hits: 380 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Boston Jewish Film Festival - ReelPass Video Bash - September 8, 2005
- Especially for audiences in their 20s and 30s:
September 8, 2005, 6:30-9pm
The Tonic Bar, 1316 Commonwealth Ave. Allston, MA
Join us for a night of cocktails, hors d'oeurves, giveaways, film shorts, music, and more.
$40: Gets you admission to the Tonic party and 1 drink ticket PLUS your ReelPass -a flexible 3-film pass that includes an exclusive invitation to a cocktail reception during the 2005 Boston Jewish Film Festival (November 2-13).
$15 in advance/$20 at the door: Gets you admission to the Tonic party and 1 drink ticket (ReelPass may be purchased separately at the party for an additional $25)
Buy online at http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=ma&query=detail&event=627514&interface=
(Added: 2-Sep-2005 Hits: 109 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Center for Jewish History
- The Center for Jewish History emerged from a vision of a unique central repository for the cultural and historical legacy of the Jewish people. The Center embodies the unique partnership of five major institutions of Jewish scholarship, history and art: American Jewish Historical Society, American Sephardi Federation, Leo Baeck Institute, Yeshiva University Museum and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research. The Center will serve the worldwide academic and general communities with combined holdings of approximately 100 million archival documents, a half million books, and thousands of photographs, artifacts, paintings and textiles - the largest repository documenting the Jewish experience outside of Israel. The Center's dynamic program of exhibits, cultural events and intellectual gatherings will interest all who wish to explore the richness of the Jewish past and the promise of the Jewish future.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 175 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Chicago Jewish Theatre
- The only professional theatre in the Chicago metro area dedicated to illuminating Jewish history, culture and identity. Also offering touring shows to synagogues, Hadassahs and other Jewish orgnaizations.
(Added: 8-Feb-2005 Hits: 136 Rating: 2.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Cinerhama.com - Jewish Movies
- In order to thoroughly understand the history of Jewish cinema in this country, one must first look at the make-up of the motion picture industry as a whole. The original heads of every motion picture studio in Hollywood were not only Jewish, most were born in Germany, Russia, or Eastern Europe within a few short years of one another and had migrated to this country near the end of the 19th century.
(Added: 12-Jan-2006 Hits: 145 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Comedian Jerry Kahn's Jewish Comedy Resume
- Jewish comedy resume of comedian Jerry Kahn. Jerry regularly performs at Simchas, synagogue fundraisers, Jewish singles events, and comedy clubs. Jerry's material is always suitable for the audience.
(Added: 16-Dec-2005 Hits: 117 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Daily Jews
- Daily Jews is your kosher cultural fix. Every day we aim to offer you something useful to read and absorb about Jewish life. From music and popular culture through to food and drink, Daily Jews is about celebrating Jewish life and the people, products and services that can help you do so! When we say Daily Jews is your kosher cultural fix, we really do mean it. From quirky Jewish stuff through to the sometimes serious, Daily Jews is the home to giving you the Jewish information you need to enhance your Jewish life and those around you.
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 167 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dora Teitelboim Center
- The Dora Teitelboim Center is dedicated to carrying on its namesake's legacy through translating and publishing the works of Jewish writers, scholars and poets the world over and circulating them at reduced costs to Jewish cultural institutions, schools and organizations. In order to accentuate the beauty of these writings, the center produces artwork reflective of the struggle of the Jewish people and their triumph over adversity.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 115 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Falasha Ethiopian Jews
- This Web Site is dedicated to the preservation of Ethiopian Jewish Heritage, Religious Practices, Tradition and Community interaction.
(Added: 8-Nov-2003 Hits: 290 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It