- inspirational ebooks
- Four free ebooks by Avraham Tzvi Schwartz available for downloading and saving onto your computer. These are works of Torah inspiration, encouragement, mussar and hashkofa. The titles are: (1) The Need to be Great (something you can pass on even to a secular person); (2) Hearts on Fire (based on selected verses from Tehillim); (3) A Handful of Light (a commentary on the Ramban's famous letter); and (4) Heavenly Ways (approaching different areas of Torah living with excitement). The books are all written and presented in an easy style. Enjoy!
(Added: 30-Apr-2002 Hits: 190 Rating: 9.67 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Israel Books
- Gefen Publishing House is an English-language publisher with more than 20 years of publishing experience. Based in Jerusalem, with a distribution center in New York, Gefen is also a main distributor of books published by many Israeli publishers, in Hebrew, English, and other languages. By maintaining two centers of publishing and distribution we are best equipped to serve the author, the reading public, as well as Israeli publishers who wish to distribute their titles in North America.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 61 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Israeli Hebrew for Speakers of English
- Israeli Hebrew for Speakers of English is a series of Hebrew language textbooks designed by a group of linguists and Hebrew instructors at the University of Illinois. The series is designed with the following goals in mind: Hebrew as the language is really spoken in Israel today Israeli culture, Gradual and highly controlled introduction of grammatical structures , Very extensive practice material , Reading passages with highly controlled vocabulary , Very clear summaries of grammar and vocabulary at the end of each chapter , Material suitable for college, adults and high schools . The series, published by Duben Books, consists of three textbooks covering elementary, intermediate and advanced-intermediate Hebrew, as well as a workbook that introduces the Hebrew alphabet. The books are used at major universities around the country as well as in high schools and adult education programs.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 151 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jason Aronson Jewish Books
- The premier publisher of over 1700 titles in Psychotherapy and Judaica. At www.aronson.com you get every book at 20% off plus a FREE book with each selection. (Buy 5 books, you get a discount of 20% off and 5 books FREE)
(Added: 15-Mar-2001 Hits: 179 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jbiblio - The Jewish Book Information Network
- The Jewish Book Information Network is a database of bibliographic information using information gathered from libraries around the world. The information provided on this site is meant to help students, researchers, librarians, or anyone who is interested in finding a good book to read. Through this we hope to advance learning about Judaism and the Jewish people.
(Added: 20-Feb-2006 Hits: 59 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Online Jewish Book Community.
(Added: 9-May-2006 Hits: 74 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- JEST OnLine
- The Jewish Earnest Way to Stop Smokign Tobacco
(Added: 1-May-2006 Hits: 25 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Book Council
- The mission of the Jewish Book Council is to promote the reading, writing and publishing of quality English language books of Jewish content in North America. To carry out its mission, the Jewish Book Council sponsors a variety of activities and programs. The most widely known are the National Jewish Book Awards, established in 1948/9, and the Jewish Book Month. Its publications include Jewish Book Annual and Jewish Book World.
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 55 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Book Mall
- The Jewish Book Mall thoughtfully arranges Jewish books, magazines, software, and music into categories so you can quickly find just the right one.
(Added: 30-Jun-2002 Hits: 243 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Jewish Books
- JBooks.com is dedicated to the idea that books are enhancing the Jewish spiritual renaissance. Throughout the millennia Jews have envisioned heaven as a gigantic library. Although nothing on earth will ever approach the size of a celestial library, cyberspace provides both unprecedented access and a significant staging area for presenting books to an unlimited audience. A presence on-line is one of the most effective ways to convey the power of the written word. Towards that end, JBooks.com enhances and enriches books coverage by publishing reviews of and by dynamic and original voices who directly address the interests and needs of the diverse Jewish community. JBooks.com is produced by Jewish Family & Life! and funded in part from a grant from the Samuel Bronfman Foundation. JBooks.com is a member of the JewZ.com Media Network.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 329 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- jewish books
- Here you will find all the different topics that may interest you in the Judaic book world. From Bible to Biographies, Jewish Novels, Jewish Inspirational, Jewish Holiday's, the Jewish Laws of Mourning and much more.
We strive to carry every Jewish title available including hard to find Jewish Books. Our expert staff can help you locate that hard to find book.
(Added: 21-Nov-2011 Hits: 0 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish History and Divine Providence: Theodicy and the Oddyssey Ebook
- "The first non-orthodox, Kabbalistic history of the Jewish people, the Holocaust and State of Israel in English" An E-Book. The Kabbalah or 'received tradition' of Jewish mysticism, is immensely popular today with both
celebrities and "regular folk" alike, but it is based in the thousand year old traditions of Jewish
mysticism and ritual practice. However, despite this current popularity, no recent author has used it as
a tool to analyze Jewish history or the Holocaust.
(Added: 30-Sep-2001 Hits: 134 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Learning Group
- The Jewish Learning Group assists Jewish people on their path to joyful Jewish observance. We provide direction and easy instruction for people seeking to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge needed to lead an enjoyable observant Jewish life. We self-publish and distribute exceptionally easy-to-understand guides and books on Jewish law and custom, as well as traditional prayer texts with transliteration and instruction, and educational audio and video guides.
(Added: 22-Feb-2006 Hits: 40 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Lights Publishing
- Given our name and subject matter, the tendency is immediately to pigeonhole us as "another publisher of Jewish books." As we are publishing books of a type that, in many cases, have not been published before, it is hard to find a simple category in which to place us.
We recognize that it is also difficult to communicate this difference to a world that is used simply to categorizing things as "Jewish books" or "Judaica." We don't think of ourselves in either of those categories. We describe ourselves as publishing books that reßect the Jewish wisdom tradition for people of all faiths, all backgrounds.
(Added: 11-Jan-2006 Hits: 49 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Publication Society
- The Jewish Publication Society is a rarity in the publishing world: over a century-old, educational, and nonprofit. First founded in 1888 to provide the children of Jewish immigrants to America books on their heritage in the language of the New World, JPS is the oldest, continuous publisher of Jewish titles in the English language.
(Added: 27-Apr-2002 Hits: 333 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Who-dun-it
- Ethnic mysteries are popular today, and none is more richly representational of the many facets of its culture than the Jewish Who-Dun-It. A Jew may have a strong cultural or religious identification or may be so assimilated as to be indifferent. This spectrum is represented in the authors and in their works. There also is a broad range of storytelling styles. Private eye, police procedural, and armchair detective novels are all part of the Jewish who-dun-it genre.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 139 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jonathan David Publishers, Inc.
- Jonathan David Publishers, Inc., is a New York-based nonfiction trade book publisher that specializes in sports, biography, reference, and popular Judaica.
Our parent company, Jonathan David Co., Inc., markets and distributes Jonathan David publications throughout the world. In addition, it issues Judaica Book Guide, a mail-order catalog offering the very best in Judaica from the lists of all publishers at bargain prices.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 42 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Koret Jewish Book Award
- The Koret Jewish Book Awards were established to help readers identify the best Jewish books now available in the English language. Each winner will be awarded $10,000 for his or her work.
(Added: 12-Nov-2003 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- L'Dor Books
- L'Dor Books publishes books on religion and spirituality. Our goal is to provide thought-provoking and inspiring titles that dissolve barriers. We specialize in Jewish and inter-denominational titles.
(Added: 20-Mar-2001 Hits: 107 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It