- The idea for this project first started when our shul decided to update our siddurim to the new Siddur Sim Shalom published jointly by the Rabbinical Assembly and United Synagogue (©1998). I realized that I would need to update our instructional audio tapes to reflect the new page numbers, but also came to realize that such a project would give me an opportunity to teach our congregants alternative melodies to many of the prayers we daven during services.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Silver Lining Records
- Instrumental Jewish and Israel recordings featuring harpist Sunita and pianist Jon Simon. Sunita performs with the Ra'anana Symphonette and the israel Chanber Orchestra in addition to being a favourite at Israeli festivals and events. She tours the USA several times a year performing at synagogues and Jewish Community Centers. Her numerous books of arrangements of Jewish music for harp are used by harpists the world over, and many of her CDs have become best sellers.
Pianist Jon Simon performs at Jewish venues around North America and his instrumental CDs have become favourites in many Jewish homes.
(Added: 28-Jun-2006 Hits: 28 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sue Horowitz New Jewish Music
- Sue Horowitz performs new Jewish music. Her debut Cd called Eleven Doors Open is now available.
(Added: 8-Jun-2006 Hits: 32 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Tara Publications
- One of the largest distributors of Jewish music on the Internet. Now they offer Jewish books and software also.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 259 Rating: 8.83 Votes: 65) Rate It
- The Dybbuk: An Opera in Yiddish
- 3-act opera with libretto adapted in Yiddish from S. Ansky'playscript.Composed 1990-91 by Solomon Epstein (Master's of Music,Yale;Doctorate in composition and orchestration, Hartt School of Music at University of Hartford). Orchestra score completed 1993.Israel premiere produced by Avraham Lerner Yiddish Foundation,Tel Aviv. Performed April 28,1999 at Ben-Gurion University, Beersheba; and May 2, 1999 in Tel Aviv at the Susan Dellal Centre for Dance and Theatre.Excellent reviews in Tel Aviv press and in the London journal OPERA. DVD available at www.cdbaby.com/cd/wanderingopera.(Abridged version, 70 minutes, with piano score).
(Added: 28-Feb-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish Music & Heritage Festival
- The 1st Annual New York Jewish Music and Heritage Festival (September 7-14, 2004) commemorates 350 years of Jewish presence, impact and culture in the U.S., from the first boatload of Jews that arrived in New Amsterdam to the present day. This event will feature Klezmer from the old country as well as Jewish rock from the new world. For more information, visit www.oyhoo.com or call (212) 608-0555.
(Added: 18-Aug-2004 Hits: 95 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish Music WebCenter
- The purpose of the Jewish Music WebCenter is to provide a forum for gathering and presenting information on academic, organizational, and personal activities in Jewish music today. Information is provided to encourage, and support the enjoyment, study, creation and pursuit of knowledge of Jewish music.
(Added: 16-Dec-2001 Hits: 308 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Jewish Songbook
- A FREE database of songs, lyrics, prayers, transliterations and more.
(Added: 30-Sep-2002 Hits: 565 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- The Kivun project
- Yoav Gal, Nizan Leibovich, Gal Ziv and Roy Zu-arets, four Israeli-born composers who live in New York City, present works inspired by Israeli and Jewish themes, featuring various chamber ensembles, solo performances and vocal music. The compositions are inspired by Jewish texts, Bible stories, prayers and traditional melodies, Hebrew poetry and the political realities in Israel today. Kivun’s music reflects diverse musical trends and is influenced by popular music, jazz, and traditional Jewish music. The Kivun ensemble includes some of the finest musicians in the area.
(Added: 11-Oct-2002 Hits: 100 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Klezmer Connection
- The Klezmer Connection performs at weddings and bar-mitzvahs in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area. We offer a huge repertoire of Yiddish, Israeli, Klezmer and Russian music, as well as American standards, and offer the option of folkdance leading. We feel that music is the soul of a simcha, and enjoy planning
it together with the couple or family. Our web page is www.klezmerconnection.com; e-mail is email@example.com
(Added: 27-Apr-2002 Hits: 207 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The KlezmerShack
- The source for all things klezmer and beyond--reviews, band listings, music sources--new Jewish music, culture, and interesting sounds from everywhere.
(Added: 16-Dec-2001 Hits: 132 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Neimah Singers - St John's Wood Synagogue Choir
- London's foremost religious male voice synagogue and freelance choir. The Neimah Singers are a professional synagogue choir. Founded in 1994, the Choir was
originally called the New Finchley Choir. The aim of the Choir is to revitalise synagogue services by introducing music based on traditional melodies, modes and styles (nusach), but giving the music a fresh dynamism by
using choral arrangements reflecting a modern musical approach. In the five years that the choir has been together, it has acquired a reputation for excellence in its sensitive
and melodious interpretation of traditional liturgy as well as more modern music.
(Added: 4-Jul-2001 Hits: 202 Rating: 6.37 Votes: 27) Rate It
- The New Jewish School in music
- History of Jewish music and the New Jewish School in music, biographies of composers, pictures, information about CD recordings, press reports etc.
(Added: 26-Jun-2002 Hits: 134 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The People's Republic of Klezmerica
- Klezmer from the Ozark Borderlands-- The People’s Republic of Klezmerica is an acoustic klezmer septet from Columbia,
Missouri. We bring a raw and energetic edge to klezmer dance tunes and traditional Yiddish songs, infusing them with our own sense of exhuberance, expression, and background unique to the Ozark borderlands, bosom of Jewish-Hillbilly culture. This raw energy is combined with original, full big-Yiddish-band style arrangements and soulful Yiddish vocals, shouts, screams, and hollers. We take our material from many sources--unique versions of klezmer songs recorded 80 years ago,songs learned directly from the Yiddish-speaking community, original tunes, and rootsy takes on a few standards of the Klezmer revival.
(Added: 11-Dec-2002 Hits: 184 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Theodore Bikel Sings Jewish Folk Songs
- Finally available on Compact Disc! This classic LP has been digitally transferred from the original master tapes. One of the greatest Yiddish recordings ever released by the master of Jewish Song!
(Added: 21-Feb-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Transcontinental Music
- Transcontinental Music Publications is the world's largest publisher of Jewish music, including songbooks, choral & sheet music and recordings.
(Added: 5-May-2006 Hits: 42 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- White Shabbos
- Life-affirming chassidus meets bluegrass-tinged punk rock. Sometimes folky, sometimes rawk, with original tunes sung in English and Hebrew. Inspired by the teachings of Breslov and Lubavitch, White Shabbos' music appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds.
(Added: 17-Nov-2004 Hits: 77 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- YaD Arts
- YaD Arts is a multi-media arts organisation based in Britain which promotes contemporary Jewish culture and dialogue between ethnic communities.
(Added: 30-Jul-2001 Hits: 76 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It