- Yiddish is Forever
- Jacqui has recorded 3 CDs and created his own one-man show Yiddish is Forever. The full stage show blends the music and the humour to create great entertainment: it has played to packed, enthusiastic audiences in Belgium, France and Germany .
(Added: 3-Sep-2002 Hits: 80 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yiddish Songs Archive
- A collection of popular yiddish songs in pdf format.All songs include melody,lyrics and chords.
(Added: 4-Sep-2003 Hits: 196 Rating: 5.33 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Yiddishkeit Klezmer Ensemble
- Since 1995, the Yiddishkeit Klezmer Ensemble has been
performing traditional Klezmer music at weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, concerts, festivals, schools and other special events throughout New England and New York.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 18 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yom Hadash - The New Day in Jewish Music
- Yom Hadash is one of the top Jewish recording and touring groups in the United States. Formed in 1997, Yom Hadash fuses world, rock, pop and funk-based music with Jewish ideas and liturgy. Led by the original songs and exciting performance style of Jon Nelson, Yom Hadash’s performances and celebrated recordings have brought the band international acclaim from the reform, conservative and orthodox Jewish communities. Performances at the USY, NFTY, and BBYO national conventions, the Wexner Foundation, Steven Spielberg’s Genesis Program, the CAJE Conference, and countless synagogues, camps and community centers across the US have cemented the band as a central figure in the Jewish musical renaissance which has swept the diaspora during the past decade.
(Added: 18-Jan-2006 Hits: 35 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zamir Chorale of Boston
- Jewish choral music at its best, available for concerts, workshops, and lectures. Since its formation in 1969, this 50-member adult chorale, dubbed a "virtuoso outfit" by the Boston Globe and recognized by American Record Guide as “America’s foremost Jewish choral ensemble,” has remained committed to the highest quality performance of music spanning thousands of years, four continents, and a variety of styles, both popular and classical. Zamir, which means “nightingale” in Hebrew, currently has thirteen recordings on the HaZamir label, ranging from Baroque masterworks to seasonal celebrations. The Chorale’s 1999 tour to Eastern Europe is the subject of the documentary Zamir: Jewish Voices Return to Poland, broadcast nationally on PBS.
(Added: 18-Apr-2002 Hits: 107 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zemer Chai, the Jewish Community Chorus of Washington, DC
- Polished amateur choir singing the full range of Jewish choral repertoire, including liturgical and classical pieces, Jewish folk music from around the world, and new works composed for the choir. The singers come from all walks of Jewish life. Led since 1976 by founding director Eleanor Epstein, known nationally for inspiring singers to connect deeply to both music and text. To audition: info@ZemerChai.org. For performance information: www.ZemerChai.org
(Added: 29-Dec-2005 Hits: 36 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zemerl was started in the Spring of 1999, with the goal of developing a comprehensive database of information, lyrics, and sounds of Jewish songs in Yiddish, Hebrew, Judeo-Spanish, and other languages. Years and hundreds of thousands visitors later, Zemerl is 500+ song strong, and has helped many people all over the world find their favorite songs, discover new gems, and connect with other lovers of Jewish song.
(Added: 5-May-2006 Hits: 44 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- ZIPORA - Isareli Singer
- Tzipi, brings a fresh and exciting new sound to Jewish music. Blessed with a unique and versatile voice with incredible range, Tzipi sings in a variety of styles, combining the best of Israeli traditional music with the best of contemporary international songs. "The best yiddish songs" by Tzipi Zarenkin, available now on Tzipi.com, you can hear the songs and view the lyrics, and purchase the CD online.
(Added: 15-Nov-2003 Hits: 97 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 2) Rate It