- Arele Workbooks
- ARELE is a modern, innovative, pleasant and easy-to-use set of Yiddish Workbooks for Beginners by Frida Grapa-Cielak, that has become a great help for teachers, as well as for parents and grandparents devoted to preserving Yiddish and teaching Mame-loshn as a first or second language.
(Added: 7-May-2006 Hits: 88 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Der Bay
- Der Bay. The international Yiddish Newsletter.
(Added: 5-May-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Di Kats der Payats -- The Cat in the Hat in Yiddish
- The wacky hatted cat now speaks fluent mame-loshn! This Yiddish version of the world-famous children's book features the eye-catching illustrations and rhyme scheme of the original.
(Added: 31-Jul-2003 Hits: 211 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Folksbiene Yiddish Theatre!
- Folksbiene Yiddish Theatre is an active Yiddish theatre. Many performances are done by children. A real joy of living Yiddish theatre. Entering its 85th consecutive season in New York City, the Folksbiene Yiddish Theatre is the oldest continuous venue for Yiddish theatre in the world and exists to preserve and revitalize Yiddish Theater for current and future generations. With the klezmer revival and the explosion of recent interest in Yiddish language and culture, the Folksbiene is uniquely poised to serve as a living resource of this rich cultural legacy as an innovator in the 1990s by commissioning new works by young talent.
(Added: 29-Apr-2001 Hits: 331 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Friends of the Secular Yiddish Schools in America Collection
- The Secular Yiddish Schools in America Collection was established at Stanford University (California) in 1994 by Gella Schweid Fishman, by turns a student, parent, board member and teacher in a secular Yiddish school system (Sholom Aleichem Shuln) in New York. Gella has taught Yiddish language and culture courses from kindergarten to university for more than 50 years in both secular and modern Orthodox educational settings.
(Added: 7-May-2006 Hits: 59 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Glossary of Yiddish Words and Expressions
- This is a list containing hundreds of Yiddish expressions, some well known and some rather obscure. The list is alphabetized by Yiddish translation with the English translation listed next to the entry. A new version of the glossary which will allow for searching in both Yiddish and English is currently under development.
(Added: 30-Jul-2003 Hits: 586 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- It's all Yiddish to Me
- A fun site to browse for entertainment. Also has an interactive question system for Jewish faith and traditions!
(Added: 7-Feb-2004 Hits: 203 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Maison de la Culture Yiddish - Bibliothèque Medem à PARIS
- La "Maison de la Culture Yiddish - Bibliothèque Medem" de Paris est le centre de conservation et de diffusion de la culture yiddish le plus important d'Europe. Ses principales missions sont :
- la conservation du patrimoine yiddish et des collections exceptionnelles de la Bibliothèque Medem,
- l'enseignement du yiddish
- l'édition d'ouvrages et recueils de textes en yiddish,
- la promotion du yiddish par des concerts, récitals, projections, pièces de théâtre en yiddish, lectures et conférences.
site web : www.yiddishweb.com
(Added: 14-Jul-2004 Hits: 78 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Oy Vey, it's Yiddish!
- Yiddish is a combination of the local languages of Germany, Poland, Russia, and other Eastern European nations where Jews settled from the Middle Ages to the Twentieth Century. It's a complete language full of dramatic expression that reached its height of development before World War II. Unfortunately, I don't know the language, but I'm very familiar with Yiddish as many of these words and expressions are still uttered daily by my grandparents and occasionally by me. You'll find that many of these words are very onomatopoetic.
(Added: 13-Feb-2006 Hits: 123 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sing and Learn Yiddish
- The CD has 18 wonderful Yiddish folksongs. The book sets out all the words to each song in transliteration (Yiddish words spelled out using the English alphabet). Each Yiddish word is translated. Listening to the CD and following the words in Yiddish transliteration will teach you all the Yiddish words in the song and what they mean.
(Added: 7-May-2006 Hits: 63 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The World of Yiddish
- The World of Yiddish / Di velt fun yidish / haOlam haYidi is devoted to Yiddish language, literature and folklore. Special attention is given Hebrew-Yiddish relations and the generations of bilingual (Hebrew and Yiddish) writers. The site presents classic Yiddish texts, e.g., Yehoyesh's monumental Yiddish translation of the Tanakh (Bible); reference and bibliographic materials, e.g., Louis Fridhandler's magisterial guide to the works of Shalom-Aleichem; and, English abstracts of the Hebrew-language Khulyot, a journal of Yiddish studies.
(Added: 7-May-2006 Hits: 85 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Yiddish World of Michael Wex
- Got a Yiddish question? Why not ask the author of the bestselling book on Yiddish ever - "Born to Kvetch: Yiddish Language and Culture in All of Its Moods" - novelist, playwright, lecturer, performer and authority on language and literature, Michael Wex has been called "a Yiddish National Treasure" and “the finest translator around.”
(Added: 26-Jul-2006 Hits: 224 Rating: 9.95 Votes: 148) Rate It
- Uriel Weinreich Summer Program in Yiddish
- Interested in Yiddish? Join us this summer and experience an intensive and unique program formed by YIVO Institute for Jewish Research and NYU, two of the most respected institutions in New York!
(Added: 10-Feb-2006 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Vilnius Yiddish Institute
- The VILNIUS YIDDISH INSTITUTE is the first Yiddish center of higher learning to be established in post-Holocaust Eastern Europe. It is an integral part of the four-century-old Vilnius University, situated in the heart of the magnificently restored Old City, in a thriving new democracy. The Institute is dedicated to preserving the centuries-old heritage of Yiddish language and culture through teaching and scholarly research of the highest quality.
(Added: 6-May-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yiddish America
- Yiddish America is the title of the new CD from the South Coast Simcha Band.
Recorded at the studios of Renzone Music,
this CD contains the bands most requested
songs. You can find the CD on I Tunes or
purchase on CD baby, Amazon, and Tower records on the internet. Check out the music sample on the webb sites.
(Added: 14-Aug-2006 Hits: 473 Rating: 9.88 Votes: 246) Rate It
- Yiddish For You
- Indulge yourself in a fun-filled weekend of Yiddish! Slip into the warm embrace of Yiddish theater!
(Added: 8-May-2006 Hits: 53 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It