- Jewish Sports
- JewishSports.com is a publication of Jewish Family & Life!, a non-profit multimedia publishing firm with numerous websites and print publications to its credit. JFL! is currently the largest producer of original online Jewish content. JewishSports.com was launched February 22, 1998, in conjunction with the inaugural Jewish Web Week. Sections include Jewish sports trivia, news, profiles, relfections and much more.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 239 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Theater of New York
- The artists of The Jewish Theater of New York, one of the most open-minded Jewish cultural institutions of our time, define Judaism as a philosophy that cherishes the question and despises the answer. It’s their understanding that what makes Judaism survive the test of time is the fact that after thousands of “debating years” Jews have not yet figured out the answers to any of their questions. This never-satisfied thirst for perpetual questioning also drives the ‘engine’ of their theater. Knowing that (to paraphrase the Bible) “On the day you see me you shall die,” they are here to produce theatrical works that defy easy answers. They do their utmost, in every production they mount, to promote equal sympathy for opposing characters, and to present all sides of the issue equally. Routinely they leave it for their audiences to decide who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong; who’s saint and who’s villain; and, many a time, who anyone really is… This philosophy, of course, allows artists of every ethnicity, background and belief to work together and be one very proud family.
(Added: 12-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Jewish Video
- Ergo chooses films and videos for distribution based on the quality and prestige of the material, their authenticity and their marketability. The Israel Collection includes many of the great classics of Israeli cinema like HILL 24 DOESN'T ANSWER (1955), SALLAH (1965) and THE SUMMER OF AVIYA (1989), along with many contemporary feature films, documentaries, short features and student films. The Ergo Yiddish Library features films about Yiddish culture, children's films and many of the great Yiddish language films made in the United States and Poland before World War II, like YIDL MITN FIDL (1936) and TEVYE DER MILKHIKER (Tevye the Dairyman, 1939), on which "Fiddler on the Roof" was based. Rounding out Ergo's holdings are videos on Jewish holidays, tradition, identity and culture.
(Added: 12-Jan-2006 Hits: 79 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Who-dun-it
- Web site and mail list for discussion of mysteries with Jewish detectives and Jewish content. [Growing out of Mystery Book Club Beth El Hebrew Congregation has had for over three years]
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 276 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewishfilm 2003: From Vienna to Naharayim
- The National Center for Jewish Film at Brandeis University in association with The Consulate General of Israel to New England will present "Jewishfilm.2003: From Vienna to Naharayim" from March 27 to April 6th. This years 6th annual spring film fest will present 10 Boston area premieres from 9 countries. Details on website.All screenings will take place in the Edie and Lew Wasserman Cinematheque in the Sachar International Center located on the Brandeis campus in Waltham, MA
Tickets are $8, Seniors $6, groups of 20 or more $5, festival passes $60, senior festival passes $50 Brandeis University faculty and students free with ID.
(Added: 20-Feb-2003 Hits: 100 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewtopia in New York
- The comedy that goes where no gentile has gone before. Two hours of comedy! After a quarter century of Neil Simon and his imitators, the playwrights redeem the formula with edge! Displaying a commercial sensibility that is almost obscene, they combine the swaggering generation y, (for yahweh) sensibility with the more traditional borscht belt approach, nailing two demographics at once! The result is irresistible – like watching precocious kids mouth off to their parents! The young authors play the parts with sassy abandon! The script throws every ingredient on hand into the comedic chicken soup...you may eat till you plotz!”
(Added: 29-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- JM in the AM
- JM in the AM broadcasts at 91.1 fm in the New York City area, at 90.1 fm in the Hudson Valley, and live on the web in Realaudio, or in Windows Media, as well as two flavors of MP3, and all programs archived in Realaudio.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Judaic Art - oil paintings by Golld
- When you look at this oil painting, it makes very strong impression on you. The fact that this painting
was created by really
professional painter becomes the second of importance. The author put special music and harmony
among strokes on the
painting. There is some special philosophic problem inside of it. We do not know anything about the
past and the future
of the old man, but it is vividly for us that he himself is the wisdom and eternity. The child
nestles to the old man
(Added: 1-Jul-2001 Hits: 221 Rating: 9.62 Votes: 8) Rate It
- KFAR Jewish Arts Center
- KFAR Jewish Arts Center is an independent arts organization that stimulates, promotes and produces the next generation of Jewish expression.
(Added: 7-May-2006 Hits: 44 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Kleins' Website
- This site contains information for and about the Klein Family. The focus of this site is the Familial History of the family descending from the marraige of Mordechai Klein Z"L(Zichrono L'Vracha- may his name be remembered for blessing) and Chaya Zlata Klein-Marmelstein. Reb Klein was a product of many generations of Rabbis. Among his illustrious ancestors are the Taz (1586 - 1677), a famous commentator on the Shulchan Aruch; The Rama (1520 - 1572), a highly respected Ashkenazic Rosh HaYeshiva in Cracow who set the precedent for Ashkenazic Jews; The Shenos Chaim (1826 - 1873), the author of a commentary on the sefer (book) Toldos Adom V'Chava written by Rabbenu Yerucham; and many other Rabbis
(Added: 20-Jun-2004 Hits: 84 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Klezmer renaissance
- The "Tapuah beDvash" Ensemble is a new klezmer band from Israel. It present a new view of traditional Jewish folklore music from all parts of the world where Jewish
culture has existed. Music news from Israel, concerts, photographs, sound and contact information.
(Added: 11-Aug-2004 Hits: 73 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- ListJ - Secular Jewish Identity Discussion Group and Resource Centre
- "ListJ" is a forum for debaters interested in discussing Jewish identity from a secular, non-theistic perspective. This group will appeal to persons who maintain the view that one can be Jewish without belief in God or any other supernatural entities. Topics will reference those topics of interest to secular Jews including Judaism, Zionism, anti-Semitism, Jewish life cycle events, and all aspects of Jewish culture relevant to non-theistic Jews.
This list will be unmoderated with the tone and content of discussion left to the good taste and responsibility of its members. The list is open to all, but prospective members should know that the main interest of group members is secular Jewishness.
(Added: 23-May-2004 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Maine Jewish Film Festival
- The Maine Jewish Film Festival brings the best films on Jewish themes and
experience from around the world, along with guest directors and other speakers, for a week-long
festival in Portland, Maine every year in March/April.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 139 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Scrapbooking Products, gifts, workshops.
(Added: 26-Nov-2005 Hits: 101 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mosaic Outdoor Mountain Club of Maryland
- MOMC is a non-profit, all volunteer group dedicated to providing all Jews who love the outdoors with the chance to share activities with other Jews of similar interest. The organization is national, with many member clubs throughout the USA and Canada (plus a new club that just opened in Jerusalem). The local chapter (MOMC-MD) covers the Baltimore and Washington metropolitan areas. Events include hiking, biking, canoeing, caving, skiing, camping, etc., and are mostly determined by the volunteers who lead them., Provide a forum for members to post late breaking events and activities. MOSAIC provides a forum for Jews to maintain Jewish Identity through outdoor activies.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 136 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Raisins and Almonds (children's play)
- Fredelle Mayard's bitter sweet memoir of growing up Jewish on the prairies, adapted for community theatres by Kim Morrissey. Website contains complete script and background material.
(Added: 14-Feb-2003 Hits: 99 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It