- Levey Day School of Portland, Maine
- Levey Day School provides an excellent secular and Judaic education to children in grades kindergarten through five. As a community day school, Levey attracts students from Conservative, Orthodox, Reform, and unaffiliated families. At Levey, we are cultivating strong students who are also confident, knowledgeable Jews. We provide our children both academic challenges and opportunities for prayer and tzedakah; we immerse our children in a rich language arts curriculum and in the Hebrew language of our ancestors; and we strive to foster an atmosphere in which our children value kindness as much as hard work.
(Added: 27-Jan-2005 Hits: 259 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- MetroWest Jewish Day School
- MetroWest Jewish Day School began accepting students in 2004. It is a pluralistic and transdenominational community day school 25 miles west of Boston. The school is currently accepting applications for grades K-3 and will add a grade each year through grade eight.
(Added: 23-Feb-2005 Hits: 236 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Michlelet is the experience of a lifetime! You study torah in Israel, deepen your commitment to Judaism, visit the spectacular sights of both ancient and contemporary Israel, hang out in the warm sun with great friends, play fun sports, and more. Situated on the gorgeous Reishit Yerushalyim campus in sunny Beit Shemesh, Michlelet not only offers a wide range of stimulating classes in Halacha (Jewish law), Chumash (Bible), and Hashkafa (Philosophy) on both beginner and advanced levels, but also is staffed with capable advisors, teachers, and world famous rabbis from the US and Israel.
(Added: 4-May-2006 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- NETA is an innovative Hebrew language curriculum designed for students in grades 7-12. Created by Hebrew language curriculum specialists from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, administered by Hebrew College and supported by The AVI CHAI Foundation, NETA is reaching students in over 50 Jewish day schools worldwide - and the list keeps growing.
(Added: 9-May-2006 Hits: 49 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- New Orleans Jewish Day School
- The New Orleans Jewish Day School is a K-8 community school providing the highest quality secular education with a unique Judaic curriculum designed to develop your child's intellect and Jewish identity. Our new campus features a state-of-the-art science lab, computer lab, Beit Midrash, library, multi-media center, full size gymnasium, open field, and art, and music rooms.
We seek to create a warm Jewish environment that promotes independent critical thinking and creativity. Our goal is to aid the development of a knowledgeable, self-confident person capable of excelling in modern society and actively participating in Jewish life.
(Added: 24-Oct-2004 Hits: 310 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ora Academy - Upstate NY High School for Young Ladies
- Ora Academy is the only high school in the Upstate New York area for Observant Jewish young ladies. Founded in 1996, Ora is located in one of Rochester New York's most prestigious locations, near the internationally reknowned George Eastman House and Strasenberg Planetarium. The mission of Ora Academy is to deepen its' students understanding of the beauty and wisdom of the perennial Jewish tradition as expressed in the Torah and in Jewish thought and history. But also to help each student gain all the secular academic skills needed to go on to a life of achievement, success, and contribution. More information about Ora is available at www.oraacademy.org or by phone at 585-271-8711.
(Added: 5-Jul-2004 Hits: 307 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Providence Hebrew Day School
- Providence Hebrew Day School is an Orthodox religious Jewish Day School affiliated with Torah U’mesorah – the National Council of Hebrew Day Schools. Our main goals are inspiring our students to love and revere God, to study the Torah and to be motivated to follow its laws, customs and traditions, to strive for the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior, and to be sensitive to the needs of Jews and non-Jews in America and throughout the world. We must also provide our students with active programming that promotes shmiras hamitzvos and a love and appreciation of Israel, the land and its people.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 210 Rating: 7.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Prozdor of Hebrew College
- Prozdor, the high school of Hebrew College in Newton, Massachusetts, has been in existence for nearly eighty years. In the 2004-5 school year, the student population of Prozdor stands at nearly 950 students. Of these 950 students, 800 come on Sundays to the Hebrew College, and over 400 of the students also attend one of our eight midweek branches in Nashua, Needham, Newton, Lexington, Marblehead, Natick, Worcester, or Canton. Hebrew language, although now an optional track, still attracts about one-third of the students, and our core curricula, performing arts groups, numerous class trips, and outstanding faculty all support the dynamic and diverse program that is Prozdor in 2005.
(Added: 15-Feb-2006 Hits: 52 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- RAVSAK: The Jewish Community Day School Network
- RAVSAK is the North American association of non-denominational day schools. We provide professional development, networking, resources, and guidance to the fastest growing organization of Jewish day schools.
(Added: 27-Jul-2003 Hits: 461 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Seymour J. Abrams - Cheder Lubavitch Hebrew Day School
- Seymour J. Abrams Cheder Lubavitch Hebrew Day School seeks to offer its students the warmth and love of the traditional Yiddishe cheder, while utilizing modern technology and teaching techniques. Since its founding with five students in 1979, the school’s separate programs for boys and girls (Pre-K-8) have provided an integrated religious and secular education under the guidance of highly qualified teachers in both arenas.
(Added: 18-Jan-2006 Hits: 132 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Solomon Schechter Day School Association
- Building on the principles and beliefs of the Conservative Movement and the values of modernity — individual conscience, human rights, active participation as citizens of a democracy, intellectual honesty, embracing the canons of critical and scientific thought — we create a foundation for our students to meet the challenges of contemporary life. Solomon Schechter Day Schools reach out in partnership to the family and the community. Hand in hand, we work to prepare the vigorous leaders of a new generation: knowledgeable, committed Jews and responsible citizens. Solomon Schechter Day Schools are opened to Jewish children whether of parents affiliated with Conservative Movement and parents not affiliated with the Conservative Movement.
(Added: 25-Jun-2005 Hits: 285 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Albuquerque
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Albuquerque offers a stimulating, caring setting in which children learn how to learn and how to love learning, how to love their Jewish heritage, and how to bring that heritage alive in new ways. The school welcomes all Jewish children from the greater Albuquerque area.
(Added: 14-Mar-2002 Hits: 302 Rating: 2.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston
- Welcome to the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, where students in grades K-8 develop a deep love of learning in both secular and Judaic studies. Our dedicated faculty and welcoming school community provide a dynamic and nurturing environment that encourages all students to reach their full potential and become self-confident, committed citizens with a proud connection to the Jewish people and the land of Israel.
(Added: 17-Feb-2006 Hits: 70 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Nassau County
- The Solomon Schechter Day School of Nassau County and the Solomon Schechter High School of Long Island's rich heritage is the result of the dream of a few special people. In the days when Nassau County lacked an educational center for Conservative Judaism, a dedicated group of families had a vision, took a chance and started a day school in 1967. The original home of this small, but vibrant and quickly growing school was Temple Beth Sholom in Roslyn. The need for a Conservative High School in Nassau County united families, Rabbis and administrators from day schools on Long Island, as well as Queens. In 1994, the Solomon Schechter High School was born and in 1998 it moved to our Glen Cove Campus, along with our Middle School.
(Added: 26-Jun-2005 Hits: 128 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Solomon Schechter Day School of St. Louis
- To Kindle the Eternal Lights of Judaism and Love of Learning in Each Child. Solomon Schechter Day School enriches our children's lives by involving families and congregations in an integrated curriculum designed to instill critical thinking skills in the context of Jewish values. By studying in an environment of academic excellence, we believe each child will become a caring, responsible, and well-educated Jew. We welcome the application of every Jewish child whose family shares this vision. Solomon Schechter Day School of St. Louis is a member of the Solomon Schechter Day School Association and The Independent Schools Association of the Central States and subscribes to their principles and standards.
(Added: 25-Jun-2005 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- South County Hebrew School
- South County Hebrew School is an independent parent-run school charged with providing a well-rounded Jewish education to students in Southern Rhode Island. We are sensitive to the fact that these students represent a broad spectrum of cultural and denominational backgrounds. Emphasis is placed upon developing a strong sense of community and a pride in one’s Jewish identity. Educational programs are taught in a respectful, creative, and age appropriate atmosphere with expectations of proficiency in the areas of culture, history, prayer, and language. South County Hebrew School strives to teach our children respect for and love of their heritage while developing the skills necessary to carry those traditions into the future.
(Added: 19-Jan-2006 Hits: 96 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Columbus Jewish Day School
- K-8 grades serving central Ohio. School is co-ed and based on the philosophies of Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel. General Studies and Jewish Studies are taught in an integrated curriculum. There are two full time teachers in each elementary class (maximum class size of 20 students)and a middle school team of 4 teachers. Music, Art, and Phys. Ed. specialists are fantastic. Jewish Studies are taught in an egalitarian manner, both boys and girls are required to wear kipot and lead classroom services, etc. Tefilah is completed by each class every morning and Kabalat Shabbat is often celebrated on a school-wide basis.
(Added: 5-Mar-2002 Hits: 475 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- The Victory School
- The Victory School a Florida non-sectarian, Not-for-profit Corporation is a year round program geared toward children with autism and related disabilities. The school, located in the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center in North Miami Beach, Florida, opened its doors to parents, educators and children on Monday, June 5, 2000. The Victory School, Inc. provides comprehensive individualized and science-based treatment that is not otherwise available in southeast Florida. The Victory School is committed to providing an environment which is structured to maximize learning.
(Added: 4-May-2006 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It