- MILAH-the Jerusalem Institute for Education
- MILAH is a non-profit organization devoted to deepening an awareness and knowledge of different aspects of Israeli life. We offer courses for teaching Hebrew as well as specialized courses in easy Hebrew.
(Added: 24-Jul-2001 Hits: 126 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Moodus - Your Unique Jewish Experience
- Moodus is a haven of spiritual and natural
beauty located amidst the New England
country in Connecticut on a backdrop of
basketball, swimming, and rolling hills.
For over twenty years, students and young, single professionals of diverse backgrounds have come together to study with world class educators. They have the opportunity to ask about the practical and the profound; to learn about ethics, identity, and spirituality. The expert staff are hand-picked for their extensive experience with students of all backgrounds and their sensitivity to different needs.
(Added: 9-Dec-2002 Hits: 115 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Supplier of English-Hebrew language learning aids and Torah educational materials
(Added: 13-Sep-2004 Hits: 84 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- MyJewishLearning.com is a trans-denominational website of Jewish information and education geared toward learners of all ages and educational backgrounds. As the central Internet site for learning about Judaism, it is designed to be: Content rich and pedagogically sound--to invite and facilitate site visitors' engagement in ever-deeper levels of learning. Relevant to adult audiences of diverse backgrounds and learning objectives--from novice learners, who know little about Judaism, to experienced learners, who know a great deal but want to learn much more. Accurate, well written, and visually engaging. Representative of the wide range of trans-denominational perspectives within Judaism. Compatible with a broad range of user experiences--from self-guided browsing and learning, to site-assisted browsing and learning.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 87 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Nishmat: The Jerusalem Centre for Advanced Jewish Study for Women
- Nishmat, a woman's learning community infused with Torah values, is remarkable for its emphasis on open inquiry and vigorous textual study. Whether a student enrolls to pursue her own personal growth or as preparation for a career in Jewish life, Nishmat provides learning opportunities that range from beginners to the most advanced level available to women anywhere in the world. For more information visit www.nishmat.net
(Added: 18-Jan-2005 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ohr Torah Stone
- A not-for-profit organization in both the United States and Israel, Ohr Torah Stone was founded on the cornerstone of social justice and Jewish unity. The words “Ohr Torah” literally mean “the light of the Torah,” and refer to the beacon of inspiration and leadership that emanates from the true synthesis of Jewish values with sensitivity to human and contemporary concerns. This synthesis is well expressed through OTS’s groundbreaking programs, particularly in the area of women’s learning and women’s rights within Jewish law. In many cases, OTS has literally changed the course of Jewish history, charting new educational, legal and social paths in Judaism, revolutionizing Jewish learning and Jewish living.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 54 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- P'tach : Children with Learning Disabilities
- P'TACH was established in 1978 by a group of concerned parents and professionals who were searching for high schools for their children but had serious concerns about the Yeshivas abilities to handle their children's unique learning needs. These children had a "learning disability" yet possessed average or above average intelligence. Thus the parents were not willing to let their children be ignored, sit in the back of a classroom, many times be forced to go to public school or be subject to torment and frustration because they could not learn like other children. These parents wanted their childrens' Jewish and learning needs met.
(Added: 23-May-2001 Hits: 187 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Pardes Educators Program
- A 2-year degree program in Jerusalem, culminating in a MA in Jewish Education from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem & a Certificate of Judaic Studies from Pardes. Study in the Bet Midrash most of the week. Receive a $1,000 monthly living stipend as well as free tuition at Pardes. Pay 1/2 tuition at Hebrew University, the other 1/2, as well as the cost for Ulpan is provided by The AVI CHAI Foundation of North America.
Supervised teaching internships (in the month of February in each of the 2 years) will be arranged through Pardes in Jewish day schools throughout North America.
Upon completion of the program you must commit to teaching Jewish Studies in Jewish Day Schools in North America for at least 3 years.
(Added: 2-Jun-2003 Hits: 92 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Partners in Torah
- Intrigued by Jewish wisdom but don't have the energy to do the research (or another dime for more tuition)? What to do? Do TelePartners. Explore the Jewish topic of your choice by phone, at your pace, on our dime, with a handpicked learning partner for up to an hour each week… TOTALLY FREE. Click here: www.study42.org or call 800-STUDY-4-2.
(Added: 16-Jun-2003 Hits: 85 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Pirchei Shoshanim
- Pirchei Shoshanim provides a pool of innovative educational materials to teachers and educators around the world at no charge. By utilizing the Internet, which is now world-wide, we are proving that it is indeed a small world, in which the Jewish kinderlach play a very crucial role. In keeping with the maxim, "one picture is worth a thousand words," many of the materials we provide include beautiful illustrations and graphics.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 236 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Providence Community Kollel
- The goal of the Kollel is to enhance and enrich Jewish life in and around Providence RI. This will be accomplished by providing relevant and stimulating educational programs that appeal to people regardless of age, background or level of observance. We welcome you to come and join us any day or every day as we explore our rich heritage,the Torah.
(Added: 19-Jan-2006 Hits: 51 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Rabbi Shmuel Jablon's homepage
- Welcome to the web site of Rabbi Shmuel Jablon, community minded Orthodox Rabbi and educator! This site contains articles on both Judaism and education, curriculum samples, links and more.
(Added: 31-Jul-2002 Hits: 212 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Reclaiming Judaism
- We teach the applications of Jewish spiritual practice to those seeking a more meaningful and fulfilling connection to Judaism. Reclaiming Judaism is a virtual learning center teaching the skills of applied Jewish spirituality and demonstrating the benefits of engaged, respectful Jewish pluralism. Our team of talented clergy and Jewish professionals offers spiritual guidance, courses and retreats for seekers. We also offer training for those who serve and lead Jewish communities including educators, tutors, clergy and student clergy, health care professionals and other leaders in the field of Jewish communal service.
(Added: 17-Feb-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Reconstructionist Student Association
- Association for students at the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College. A mailing list exists on Shamash for the purposes of communication among members.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 87 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Say It With Plays
- Jewish education and entertainment through the world of plays. Original plays and skits for Purim, Hanukkah, Passover, and other festive congregational occasions.
(Added: 6-Sep-2006 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sheldon Oberman Storytelling and Writing Resources
- Stories, creative activities, guides and assorted sparks of creativity for kids, teachers, writers and storytellers from an award winning Jewish author, teacher and storyteller
(Added: 3-Sep-2001 Hits: 157 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It