- Raoul Wallenberg and the Times...
- Raoul Wallenberg, the Swedish diplomat went to Nazi - occupied Hungary in 1944 at the behest of the United States War Refugee Board. Between July 1944 and January 1945, he is credited with helping to save some
100.000 Hungarian Jews from the Nazi Holocaust.
On January 17, 1945, he was taken into custody by liberating Soviet forces and was never seen or heard from since then.
(Added: 18-Apr-2002 Hits: 133 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Rescuers during the Holocaust - Bibliography
- This bibliography lists works in English which discuss the lives and actions of rescuers during the Holocaust. Individuals, groups, and in the case of Denmark , almost
an entire country, reached out. Bulgaria was also active in protecting its Jewish population.
(Added: 21-Mar-2001 Hits: 174 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Silent Voices Speak
- The mission of "Silent Voices Speak" (SVS) is to
provide an extraordinary
educational experience that enhances public
understanding of the Holocaust and its relation to
present day social injustice.
The non-profit organization "Silent Voices Speak"
started as an art
exhibition consisting of 14 paintings based on
archival photographs from
the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. The exhibition
tells a compelling story of the history leading up to
and through the Holocaust through its riveting paintings and companion text.
The Silent Voices Speak project is
dedicated to helping insure that the kind of crimes
that took place in the times of the Holocaust will
never happen again.
(Added: 12-Aug-2003 Hits: 117 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Simon Wiesenthal Center
- The Simon Wiesenthal Center is an international Jewish human rights organization dedicated to preserving the memory of the Holocaust by fostering tolerance and understanding through community involvement, educational outreach and social action. The Center confronts important contemporary issues including racism, antisemitism, terrorism and genocide and is accredited as an NGO both at the United Nations and
UNESCO. With a membership of over 400,000 families, the Center is headquartered in Los Angeles and maintains offices in New York, Toronto, Miami, Jerusalem, Paris and Buenos Aires.
(Added: 15-Mar-2001 Hits: 175 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Simon Wiesenthal Center
- A strong international center for Holocaust remembrance, the defense of human rights and the Jewish people. Named after the world's most famous Nazi war criminal hunter, the Centre not only concerns itself with documenting the Holocaust and fighting the Holocaust deniers, it also focuses on racial hatred and all types of bigotry no matter at whom it is directed.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 114 Rating: 3.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Sugihara: Conspiracy of Kindness
- The web site shares details of the little-known story of
Sugihara and his family and the fascinating relationship
between the Jews and the Japanese in the 1930s and 40s.
The history of World War II tells many remarkable tales
of courage, but none is more compelling or inspirational
than Sugihara's. At great personal risk and with no hope
of reward, this modest diplomat defied orders from Tokyo
and spent up to 16 hours a day signing visas for refugees
trying to escape the Nazi onslaught. The site includes a
timeline of Sugihara's life, video previews, exclusive
interviews, and lesson plans for teachers.
(Added: 4-May-2005 Hits: 46 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Teaching the Holocaust through Stamps
- An interdisciplinary computerized program through the use of stamps, pictures, text and paintings by children in the Holocaust
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 152 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Commission for Looted Art in Europe
- The Commission for Looted Art in Europe (ECLA) is the expert representative body in Europe dealing with all matters relating to Nazi looted art and other cultural property.
(Added: 28-Sep-2001 Hits: 92 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous
- During the Holocaust there were thousands of non-Jews who refused to be passive in the face of the evil they witnessed, rescuing Jews at risk to their own lives and their families. Today, many of the Righteous Gentiles are aged and needy. The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous (JFR) cares for more than 1,700 surviving Righteous Gentiles and educates generations to come about their extraordinary
acts of courage. In 1986, Rabbi Harold M. Schulweis created the Foundation to fulfill the traditional Jewish commitment to hakarat hatov, the searching out and recognition of goodness.
(Added: 21-Mar-2001 Hits: 154 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Located in Washington DC is America's national institution for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history, and serves as this country's memorial to the millions of people murdered during the Holocaust. Opened in April 1993.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 171 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Women and the Holocaust
- Persona; Survivors' personal testimonies,
poetry, tribute, Second generation, scholarly essays, extensive bibliography by and about women in the Holocaust.
(Added: 1-Jan-2004 Hits: 153 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Women and the Holocaust
- Deals with women's special gender specific plight during the Holocaust years.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 224 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Yad Vashem - International School for Holocaust Studies
- Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority, was established in 1953 by an act of the Israeli Knesset. Since its inception, Yad Vashem has been entrusted with documenting the history of the Jewish people during the Holocaust period, preserving the memory and story of each of the six million victims, and imparting the legacy of the Holocaust for generations to come through its archives, library, school, museums and recognition of the Righteous Among the Nations.
Located on Har Hazikaron, the Mount of Remembrance, in Jerusalem, Yad Vashem is a vast, sprawling complex of tree-studded walkways leading to museums, exhibits, archives, monuments, sculptures, and memorials.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 53 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It