- Being Jewish
- What is "Being Jewish"? It is maintained by Mordechai Housman, a fifth-generation Karlin-Stolin Chosid
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 163 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- FAQ on Hasidism (Chassidism)
- This FAQ is based on questions that I am often asked about my way of life by people in multi-cultural newsgroups, classes, and conferences. This FAQ is not intended to be an in-depth explanation of Hasidic philosophy. Rather, it is a set of basic Judaism 101-level questions written in a way that is understandable to the average non-Hasidic reader. In some cases, there is overlap between Hasidism and general Judaism here, since Hasidism is a form of Judaism. Many of these customs and practices are common to all Jews and are not necessarily limited to Hasidim only. Maintained by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom, a Chasidic Jew.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 222 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Judaism 101
- A comprehensive information base of basic Jewish terms and practices. A project of the Orthodox Union; hence, this reflects the traditional viewpoint. http://www.judaism101.org/
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 348 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Judaism 101
- An online encyclopedia of Judaism, covering Jewish beliefs, people, places, things, language, scripture, holidays, practices and customs. Maintained by Tracey Rich, who is a traditional, observant Jew.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 266 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Robert Kaiser's Judaism FAQs
- This is a place for both Jews and gentiles to learn more about Jewish theology and philosophy.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 190 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Social.Jewish.Culture Frequently Asked Questions (SCJ FAQ)
- The S.C.J FAQ and Reading Lists were initially developed to support the readers of the USENET newsgroup soc.culture.jewish by providing answers to some commonly answered questions, as well as a set of reference reading. Since they were developed in 1993, the Internet has seen astounding change and growth. They now serve as a resource to the larger community, providing information about Judaism from all Jewish movements in a non-pejorative fashion.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 172 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Conservative & Masorti Judaism FAQs
- This web page is here to help answer frequently asked questions about Conservative and Masorti Judaism. It is maintained by Robert D. Kaiser, based on official publications of The Jewish Theological Seminary of America, The Rabbinical Assembly, The Committee on Jewish Law and Standards, the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, the Masorti Movement, and the Va'ad Halakha [law committee of Masorti Movement].
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 159 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It