- Jewish History
- These are the first story-lines of JewishHistory.com: accurate confirmation of the biblical Israelites in ancient Israel, documentation of the efforts to intimate the Jewish people's faith and fast-forwarding to the establishment of the Third Jewish Commonwealth in 1948. It is our wish that this is only the beginning. It is our wish that this is only the beginning. We welcome your feedback and input on this Beta version of the site.
(Added: 12-Jan-2006 Hits: 73 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Judaism's Egalitarian World
- Egalitarianism is very much at home in historical Judaism.
Today the branches of Judaism that seek to include women in the Minyan and as readers of the Torah, to desegregate women and men in the synagogue and to have a more egalitarian marriage and divorce tradition are criticized for seeking assimilation. In reality they are going in the direction of our ancient past.
(Added: 30-Apr-2003 Hits: 104 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Page-by-Page in Jewish History
- On these pages, we review events that occurred to Jews throughout our history. We feel a grave responsibility to our readers to be accurate, and to nurture interest in our Jewish heritage: Am Yisrael, Eretz Yisrael, and Torat Yisrael. We strive for unity of the Jewish people, while praising our many faces. We have tried to remain true to our beliefs, and yet open to hearing other voices. We have succeeded in relying solely on the Hebrew dates for events, hopefully making all of us more aware of the Jewish calendar. We use many different sources for gathering information, and occasionally we include articles designed to stimulate thought about matters of current interest. The English version uses the Friday edition to highlight women in Jewish history.
(Added: 1-Dec-2005 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Philadelphia Jewish Archives Center
- The Philadelphia Jewish Archives Center collects and preserves the historical records of the Philadelphia Jewish Community. Our feature exhibit pulss from the significant archival holdings to highlight the role of Jewish Women in social welfare organizations from 1819 to 1920. Researchers, genealogists and academic scholars utilize the photographic holdings, genealogical resources, manuscripts and business archives.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 100 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Southern Jewish Historical Society
- Learn about the Jewish experience in the American South from the Colonial period, through the Civil War to the present.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 96 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish History Resource Center
- Resources and links relevant to research and the study of Jewish History. 1000's of links to sites on the web organized in over 30 categories. A search engine helps find the information you are looking for. Primary and secondary sources, information about grants, fellowships and conferences. A one stop website. All sites have been viewed and sorted. The site is updated daily.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 283 Rating: 7.67 Votes: 3) Rate It