- Western Wall Prayers
- Send a Torah-Jew to pray 40 consecutive days at the Western Wall for you or a loved one. This famous Segula (mystical recipe) has worked for marriage, health, income and much more.
(Added: 20-Feb-2006 Hits: 49 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Bnei Akiva
- Bnei Akiva, the Religious Zionist Youth Movement, inspires and empowers the Jewish Youth of North America with a deep commitment to our people, Am Yisrael, our land, Eretz Yisrael, and our Torah, Torat Yisrael through a wide variety of informal educational programs.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 46 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Council of Jewish Communal Service
- The World Council of Jewish Communal Service is a non-political, non-governmental organization of Jewish communal workers who are engaged in a variety of communal, educational and social services devoted to strengthening Jewish life and community both in Israel and the Diaspora.
(Added: 8-May-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Mizrachi Movement
- The World Mizrachi movement based in Yerushalayim is active in 37 countries throughout the world. Founded in 1902 in Vilna by Rav Yitzchak Yaacov Reines, Mizrachi (acronym Merkaz Ruchani (Spiritual Center) is an ideological and educational movement. The ideology of the Mizrachi is based on the motto of "Am Yisrael B'Eretz Israel al pi Torat Israel - the Jewish people in the Land of Israel living according to the Torah of Israel". Today Mizrachi is best represented by the Religious Zionist and Modern Orthodox movements in Israel and throughout the world.
(Added: 20-Jan-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Zionist Organization
- The Department for Zionist Activities of the World Zionist Organization is dedicated to promoting the Zionist idea and the Zionist movement as vital elements of contemporary Jewish life. It strives to enhance the impact of Zionist ideology and activity in Jewish communities around the world by encouraging the growth and development of Zionist Federations, and by providing a variety of centralized services emanating out of Jerusalem.
(Added: 20-Jan-2006 Hits: 61 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yad B'Yad
- Yad B'Yad" (Hand-in-Hand) is a non-profit organization established in 1982 by Mrs Shelly Hoshen, who serves as its president. The rationale behind the organization's activities is founded on the premise that every child born into this world has an inherent right to be loved and nurtured, to receive a suitable foundation to develop into productive adults with equal opportunities to integrate and realize their full potential in mainstream society. "Yad B'Yad" therefore extends a helping hand to children at risk throughout Israel. Since Israel's inception in 1948, enormous effort has been invested in educating and nurturing the young generation. However, many children have been left behind in deprived neighborhoods, victims of poverty, neglect and a hostile environment. Many of these children are still ostensibly under the supervision of their parents, who sorely lack the skills and means to cope with their children's problems. Many of these children come from immigrant, single-parent families, living in particularly dire economic circumstances and dependent on national welfare authorities for financial assistance.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 109 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yad BeYad Association - Netherlands
- Netherlands: Yad be Yad (Hand in Hand) is een liefdadigheids non-profit organisatie opgericht in 1982 door Mevr. Shelly Hoshen, (huidige president). De "Bait Ham" (een warm onderkomen) project is van de ondernomen projecten door Yad be Yad speciaal gericht op de hulp aan kinderen. Deze kinderen komen uit niet functionerende gezinnen waar de ouders niet in staat zijn om voor basis behoeften van een kind te zorgen. Veel van deze kinderen hebben een moeder of vader (waarvan er tevens gezinnen zijn met alleenstaande ouders) welke in de gevangenis zitten, of er zijn ouders die serieuze drug- alcohol verslaafden zijn. De kinderen hiervan worden mishandeld, verwaarloosd, verhongeren, kortom hebben professionele hulp nodig! Iedere dag, worden de kinderen in deze warme onderkomens gevoed met warme voedzame maaltijden.Worden ze zowel psychologisch als sociologisch begeleid en krijgen ze een beetje onvoorwaardelijke liefde en tederheid, gewoon een beetje aandacht dus door een team van professionelen en vrijwillige gemeenschapswerkers.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 32 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yad Sarah House
- Yad Sarah is an Israel-wide network of volunteers aiding disabled, elderly, housebound people aimed at making home care possible.
(Added: 20-Sep-2006 Hits: 28 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yisrael B'Aliya
- Yisrael B'Aliya - Israeli political party, headed by Natan Sharansky, which represents new immigrants and promotes their social, economic and civil rights in Israel.
(Added: 10-Aug-2002 Hits: 76 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- ZAKA was founded in 1995 to ensure that people who die in unnatural deaths, either in terrorist attacks or other forms of tragedy, are identified and buried according to Jewish tradition. Today, however, the organization places equal emphasis on providing emergency medical assistance to victims at the scene of a tragedy, ZAKA is mobilized in instances of: Terror Attacks, Traffic Accidents, Suicides, Murders, Missing Persons Searches, Fire Rescue. They are called to service at any time of the day or night, often at great personal risk.
(Added: 31-Mar-2003 Hits: 126 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ziv Tzedakah Fund
- The Ziv Tzedakah Fund was started by Danny Siegel in 1981. A recognized 501(c)(3), Ziv is an exciting and unusual non-profit organization that is dedicated to the collection and distribution of funds to various little-known Tzedakah projects (we define “Tzedakah” as pure, decent caring or, simply put, “just doing the right thing”.) Based upon Jewish tradition, Ziv funds both Jewish and non-Jewish programs. Ziv is also devoted to bringing the educational message of Tzedakah to communities and to Jewish and secular schools throughout the United States, Canada and Israel. Since its inception, Ziv has raised and distributed more than $6,000,000.00, while operating with an overhead of less than 9%.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It