- The Israeli Government's Official Website
- The State of Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs web page provides information about Israel, mailing lists with News updates, information about Israeli law, Israeli culture, Israeli government, Israeli history, the peace process, and Israel's leadership. Sections also exist regarding religion and the economy. A wealth of Information about Israel, from the authoritative source, the State of Isreal itself!
(Added: 27-Apr-2001 Hits: 257 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- the Jewish Quarter, Old City, Jerusalem
- HaRova dot com is a site of maps and directions on how to access the Jewish Quarter in the Old City, Jerusalem. It also contains information on resourses in the Jewish Quarter.
(Added: 27-Feb-2005 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Knesset
- The Knesset is the legislative body of the State of Israel. It is responsible for passing laws after debate and vote in the Knesset Plenum. Most of the activities of the Knesset, however, take place in the various committees. Additional duties of the Knesset include oversight of the Executive branch and making sure that other governmental authorities implement the decisions of the Knesset. These activities include orders, regulations and laws transparent and familiar to all. They highlight the democratic route as the only one taken by the State of Israel. The Knesset website updates itself constantly, online, in regards to the ongoing activities of the Knesset: proposed legislation, debates and special debates in the Plenum, issues discussed in committees, summaries of sessions, announcements, activities of the Knesset factions, as well as the activities of the 120 members of the Knesset. The website also includes: the history of the Knesset, protocols, and history of the Knesset building.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Sefer Torah Recycling Network
- Acquires donations of Sifrei Torah and raises funds to restore them to a Kosher state for transfer to needy locations in Israel.
(Added: 15-Jul-2003 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Torah Mitzion
- The "Torah MiTzion Kollel" program establishes centers for the study of Torah and promulgates the connection between Torah and Israel. These learning centers take the form of a Beit Midrash in which Torah scholars immerse themselves in study and practice of successes in enriching and enhancing Jewish communities around the world by promoting the lofty ideals of Torat Israel, Am Israel and Eretz Israel.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 41 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Volunteers for Israel
- Volunteers for Israel (VFI) is the American associate of Sar-El, the National Project for Volunteers for Israel. Sar-El was founded in 1982 as a non-profit, non-political organization providing world Jewry with an opportunity to participate “hands-on” in helping Israel. Since 1982, VFI has been sending American volunteers to Israel for two or more weeks at a time to work in hospitals, nursing homes, and as non-combatant volunteers on military bases. However, unlike the casual tourist, the VFI volunteer temporarily becomes an Israeli, and as such develops a strong and lasting connection with Israelis and fellow volunteers.
(Added: 29-May-2005 Hits: 77 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Union of Jewish Studies
- World Union of Jewish Studies, The Hebrew University, The Rabin World Center for Jewish Studies.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 36 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- WUJS Institute in Arad, Israel
- A year-long work & study program in Arad, Israel for Jewish college graduates and young professionals (21 to 35)which combines seven months of ulpan, Jewish/Israel study classes, hikes, & community volunteer experiences with five months or more of full-salaried job placement and career development in all professions throughout Israel.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 111 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yakar Center for Tradition and Creativity
- Yakar Tradition and Creativity - Yakar is a progressive Modern Orthodox institution known for its vibrant soulful synagogue, its Center for Social Concern, and the Learning Center, a yearlong intensive Beit Midrash program. The Learning Center is a yearlong program of study aimed at seeing how the sources on the Jewish bookshelf address an annual theme, while remembering Judaism?s spiritual side. This year?s theme is Jewish Ethics, and the students learn how to ask the questions that bring the tradition into the modern age. For more information on how to study for a year at Yakar, or any of our programs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and visit our website at www.yakar.org.
(Added: 1-Jan-2002 Hits: 154 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zionism on the Web
- Zionism on the Web supports the proposition that every people has the right to live in freedom and develop its own culture, language and society. Jews are people like any other people. The Jewish people is a people like any other. We, the Jewish people, have the right to self-determination in our own national home, where we can speak our own language and develop our own culture. Those are the basic ideas of Zionism. The Zionism pages are intended for use by citizens who want to know about Zionist ideas and history and the controversy surrounding Zionism, and by supporters of Zionism who want to know how to explain Zionism to others.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It