- Berit Mila Program of Reform Judaism
- The Berit Mila Program of Reform Judaism seeks to make make the age old practice of berit mila, available to Jewish families as a meaningful and relevant Jewish life-cycle ritual. One of our primary activities is the training and certification of Reform mohalim (sometimes called moyels) to perform berit mila.. Only qualified medical practitioners are eligible for certification. Physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives enter the program with the medical skills and expertise to perform the circumcision – the Berit Mila Program provides the religious education and training for them to become mohalim.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 261 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mazal Tov on the birth of your new baby boy! And, welcome to my Bris web page. This is a very exciting and important time for you, your family, and your new baby. You may have lots of questions about this vital step in raising a Jewish child. Join me and I will guide you through your journey as your mohelet. Dr. Dorothy Greenbaum, Long Island, New York
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 326 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Brit Milah
- Information about brit milah in German.
(Added: 18-Apr-2006 Hits: 85 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Brit Milah, or the Bris of your new born son, is the Jewish Ritual Circumcision normally performed on the eighth day of the baby’s life. The Brit Milah, or Bris (Ritual Circumcision), is one of the most important life cycle events for Jews. By reaffirming the Covenant of Circumcision, made by God with Abraham, we continue to welcome and bond our newborn children to thousands of years of Jewish traditions in the presence of family and friends. We continue to fulfill one of the mitzvot, or commandments of the Torah. Brit Milah, or Bris, is the ultimate affirmation of Jewish identity. Dr. Aliza Erber, Mohelet. Board certified in pain managment. Queens, New York.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 242 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Cantor Jeffrey Shron
- Cantor Jeffrey Shron had a unique extensive dual training with Rabbi David Surasky and pediatrician, Dr. Alan Organ. Cantor Shron serves the mid-West areas and will also travel wherever he is needed.
(Added: 26-Apr-2006 Hits: 105 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Ritual Circumcision is a sign attesting to the everlasting covenant that God established with the Jewish people (Genesis 17). It was then reiterated through Moses 500 years later: "And on the 8th day he shall have his foreskin circumcised" (Leviticus 12:3). The Mohel who performs the ritual circumcision is a person who has received specialized training in the medical and ritual aspects of the bris. The moment of the bris has a great spiritual effect upon the child and therefore Jewish law specifies that one should choose a Mohel who is noted not only for his technical skills but also for his level of piety. It has therefore been the tradition that a Rabbi, cantor, or spiritual leader will also serve the community as a Mohel.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 198 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Denver Mohel
- Dr Sheldon Ciner is a Certified Mohel
Denver Colorado - Will Travel
For more information email or call
(Added: 1-Feb-2002 Hits: 300 Rating: 5.95 Votes: 20) Rate It
- Kenneth E. Katz, M.D., Certified Mohel. Board Certified Pediatrician. Bringing Over 18 Years of Medical Expertise to Ritual Circumcisions. Dr. Katz trained in Jerusalem, under renowned master mohel, Yosef HaCohen Halperin. This resulted in Halperin awarding Dr. Katz his “smicha” or “teudah”, his personal approval for Dr. Katz to serve as a certified mohel, able to perform bris milah anywhere in the world. Dr. Katz is honored to receive such a distinction, as Halperin only certifies those who can perform milah with the same skill as he, himself, has. Apprenticeship is the traditional way mohelim have been trained and certified for centuries. It complements Dr. Katz’s medical degree as further evidence of his qualifications and commitment to perform the ancient rite of bris milah. Denver, Colorado.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 99 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dr. Deborah Weiss-Ishai, M.D.
- The days after your baby’s delivery is exhilarating but exhausting and arranging for the bris of your son can be stressful. The information provided on this site will hopefully make preparations smoother. If you are considering using me to perform your baby’s bris, personal contact is essential. Whether it is done on the phone or in person, we will speak at length about your hopes and expectations of how your son’s bris will evolve. My hope is to provide your family with a meaningful, spiritual and uplifting ceremony while lending my technical expertise and experience so that this day will provide you with comfort and happy memories. Finally, it is my honor to be part of a deeply personal and historical moment in your life when you welcome your son into the fold of the Jewish people. Debra Weiss-Ishai, MD, FAAP, Board Certified Pediatrician. 510 area code.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 186 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Dr. Emily J. Blake, M.D.
- Emily J. Blake, MD, is a board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist who has performed thousands of circumcisions. She performs Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative circumcisions.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 299 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Everything You Need For Your Son's Bris
- Dr. Marchbein is a practicing, board certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist licensed in the state of New York. Dr. Marchbein has been performing circumcisions since 1975. He is considered an expert in newborn circumcision and administration of local anesthesia and gives lectures on both surgical and anesthesia techniques. He completed the Brit Kodesh curriculum of the Rabbinical Assembly at The Jewish Theological Seminary in New York City for physician Mohalim in 2003. His Brit Milah practice encompasses the areas of Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk), the 5 boroughs of New York City and Westchester.
(Added: 23-Apr-2006 Hits: 163 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hanefesh: Guide to a Jewish Ritual Circumcision - Bris Milah
- First and foremost a Jewish circumcision in Hebrew is called "Brit Milah" literally means "Covenant of Circumcision". It is the sign to indicate the eternal covenant that God established with Abraham and his descendants (Genesis 17). It was then reiterated through Moses at Mount Sinai about 500 years later: "And on the 8th day he shall have his foreskin circumcised" (Leviticus 12:3).
(Added: 3-May-2005 Hits: 129 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- I am a practicing Mohel serving Jewish communities throughout the entire United States and have designed these WebPages to inform you about the many facets of Jewish circumcision.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 117 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Baby Names
- Home of the Hebrew Birth Plate: a unique Birth Certificate on ceramic including your baby's Jewish name and Hebrew birth date. A non-childish baby gift conceived to last for the entire life.
(Added: 20-Jul-2003 Hits: 378 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- L'Mazeltov Jewish Childbirth Education Book
- L'Mazeltov Jewish Childbirth Education book is now available! L’Mazeltov is a creative integration of traditional childbirth education and Jewish life events, designed especially for Expectant Parents. You will appreciate the high quality of professional education that L’Mazeltov offers you. Learn to create a Jewish family lifestyle IN YOUR OWN HOME at the very start of your parenting journey. Great gift idea!
(Added: 21-May-2006 Hits: 70 Rating: 9.67 Votes: 3) Rate It
- MD Mohel.com
- I take pride in my professional work and I try to bring my enthusiasm for this most powerful link in our heritage to every Bris I perform. My ceremony is very meaningful and accommodating to all attending. I have had the honor and privilege to practice Bris Milah for more than 10 years, and have been involved in thousands of Brissim in Israel, the United States, and Canada for Jews (and non-Jews!) of all affiliations and backgrounds.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 150 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mohel - Brit Milah - Circumcision
- I am a full time GP and a mohel for the London and South East UK Jewish community. I have been performing Brit Milah - circumcision for ten years and average 3 a week.
(Added: 13-Jul-2002 Hits: 285 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It