- A T.I.M.E. - A Torah Infertility Medium of Exchange
- A T.I.M.E., an acronym for A Torah Infertility Medium of Exchange, is a non-profit organization devoted to the support and education of infertile couples and to the education of the community so that they can best help their loved ones who are experiencing infertility.Often, Jewish couples must go through the pain and frustration of treatment, while confronting very specific Jewish legal and ethical questions about their treatments. We acknowledge their issues and share their concerns.
(Added: 28-May-2003 Hits: 389 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 4) Rate It
- A T.I.M.E. Canada
- A T.I.M.E. Canada - A Torah Infertility Medium of Exchange. The Canadian branch of A T.I.M.E.. A T.I.M.E. Canada focuses on chizuk (emotional strengthening), education and support services for couples with infertility. Please visit our web site for details.
(Added: 22-Jan-2004 Hits: 138 Rating: 5.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- New Jewish Healing Site. There you will discover how Hypnotherapy and Judaic Healing
Therapies can help you to heal yourself. Learn what you need to
do to help eliminate unwanted fears, stress, pain and illness.
In this site you will find out just how powerful your inner
resources can be! By combining the practicality of hypnotherapy
with ancient Judaic healing therapy, one can power-boost the
healing processes within.
(Added: 3-Sep-2001 Hits: 377 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and the largest private employer in the St. Louis region. An affiliated teaching hospital of Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital has a 1,700 member medical staff with many who are recognized in the "Best Doctors in America." They are supported by residents, interns and fellows, in addition to nurses, technicians and other health-care professionals.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 98 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Canavan Foundation
- Information on preventing Canavan Disease, a fatal Jewish Genetic disease.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 247 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Center for Jewish Genetic Diseases
- he Center for Jewish Genetic Diseases at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City is the first center in the world devoted to the study of diseases that affect Ashkenazi Jews. Established in 1982, the Center has a twofold mission: 1) to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and counseling of patients and their families suffering from Jewish genetic diseases and 2) to conduct intensive research to combat these inherited diseases.
(Added: 5-May-2006 Hits: 170 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Chai Cancer Care
- More and more Jewish cancer patients, their families and friends are turning to Chai at all stages of their cancer journey. The unique expertise, care and support that Chai provides ensures that they do not feel alone at this devastating time in their lives.
The Chai Cancer Support Centre, a haven of tranquillity and care at the heart of the Jewish Community is the base for our services and support programmes. Chai services are available to all members of the Jewish community, regardless of age, type of cancer, stage of the disease, religious affiliation or financial means.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 242 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Chicago Center for Jewish Genetic Disorders
- The Chicago Center for Jewish Genetic Disorders is a critical effort to provide public and professional education and to empower community members to seek out information and prevention strategies. With its current set of sponsors, the Center represents the blending of science with religious, cultural and historical sensitivity and awareness. The Center seeks to become the voice that translates laboratory discoveries into accessible information for the Jewish community at risk as well as for physicians and other health care providers.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 119 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Children of my Heart
- To those suffering from infertility problems- emotional support,practical advice and updated information. Volunteers working in association with relevant professionals.
(Added: 7-Oct-2002 Hits: 242 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Familial Dysautonomia
- FD, or Familial Dysautonomia – pronounced "dysauto-NO-mia" is a genetic disease present at birth in male and female Jewish babies, primarily causing dysfunction of the autonomic and sensory nervous systems. Dysfunction is a result of an incomplete development of the neurons (nerve fibers) of these systems. It is most common in children from parents which have an Ashkenazi Jewish Background.
(Added: 26-Apr-2002 Hits: 235 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Frumsupport.com is a forum website where frum/Orthodox people suffering from serious illnesses or medical conditions can dissuss, share and get support from each other.
(Added: 2-Feb-2005 Hits: 195 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Gaucher Disease -- National Gaucher Foundation
- Gaucher Disease is the most common genetic disease of Jews. About 1 in 10 East or Central European Jews is a carrier but anyone can be affected. The NGF hopes to find a cure by funding research, to meet the needs of patients & families, and to promote awareness and educational services and programs including regional chapter meetings, patient support groups, international conferences, as well as programs which provide critical financial assistance to individuals with Gaucher Disease. Ground-breaking research on the gene replacement therapy which would ultimately cure Gaucher Disease would lead the way to finding cures for hundreds of genetic disorders.
(Added: 24-Apr-2005 Hits: 121 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Gaucher disease is TREATABLE & FREE TESTING may be available if symptoms or family history exist. While most common among Ashkenazi Jews, anyone can be affected. Symptoms can include one or more of the following: fatigue, bone pain, avascular necrosis of the bone (osteonecrosis), easy bruising, bleeding, unexplained fractures, frequent nosebleeds or bleeding gums, anemia, or enlarged abdomen (enlarged liver and/or spleen). Contact the Albany Medical Center Referral Line at 1-800-456-9900. Symptoms can be diagnosed at anytime in life.
(Added: 13-May-2005 Hits: 115 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Genetic Disease Foundation
- There are over 6000 genetic disorders that can be passed down through generations.The Genetic Disease Foundation has identified ten life threatening genetic diseases which are more likely to affect the children of Jewish couples. These diseases are fatal or severely debilitating.
(Added: 8-May-2006 Hits: 106 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hotzolah EMS of North Jersey
- Hotzolah EMS of North Jersey's official website. Hotzolah EMS of North Jersey provides volunteer EMS and First Aid services in Union City, Passaic and Clifton. We also provide many other important services, including community safety and training programs.
Hotzolah EMS is the largest volunteer Emergency Medical Services and ambulance provider, with numerous divisions serving Jewish communities throughout the United States and the World.
(Added: 2-Jun-2004 Hits: 149 Rating: 8.50 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Institute for Jewish Medical Ethics
- Over the years, the Institute of Jewish Medical Ethics annual conference has become known as the leading event of its kind in the world. The organizations goals include: To identify underlying principles of Jewish law (Halachah) in Biblical, Talmudic and other works of Jewish scholarship as they relate to the general practice of medicine. To analyze the efficacy of these principles by evaluating the process by which halachic positions are determined on specific medical issues. To review recent medical, scientific and public policy developments in a variety of medical sub-specialties. To reach out to Jewish and non-Jewish physicians, rabbis and other clergy, other health care professional as well as medical students and lay people.
(Added: 26-Apr-2002 Hits: 447 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- JAT (Jewish AIDS Trust)
- JAT, is the only organisation in the UK providing sexual health and HIV awareness programmes for the Jewish community and support for Jewish people living with HIV. Based in North London, we run sexual health education workshops in schools, youth clubs, and on summer camps; we train youth workers from all the major Jewish youth organisations to work with their chanichim; and run parent’s programmes to help parents feel comfortable talking to their children about sex and sexual health. In addition, JAT provides social, emotional and financial support for Jewish people with HIV and carers.
(Added: 29-Jan-2006 Hits: 91 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It