- Jacob's Ladder Center
- Jacob’s Ladder - a neurodevelopmental learning center - is a nonprofit organization established to provide the child with Autism, PDD, ADD/ADHD, Asperger’s, learning differences, Down or any developmental syndrome, the services they need in order to realize their full potential.
(Added: 11-May-2006 Hits: 79 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- JDC Jewish Service Corps
- The JDC's Jewish Service Corps is a year of service in an international Jewish community. Volunteers work on community outreach, Jewish education and programming, and often health and welfare projects. JDC sends volunteers to India, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Vienna, and Ethiopia. Volunteers receive a monthly stipend, housing, medical insurance, and an end of the year bonus. JDC looks for applicants with a strong Jewish background, who are flexible, self-starters, and college graduates.
(Added: 20-Dec-2002 Hits: 246 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Blind & Disabled
- Jewish Blind & Disabled's core philosophy is that every individual is entitled to a life of dignity and choice. Our flats are not just temporary residences but "homes for life" located within modern well-maintained custom-designed buildings which provide a caring, aesthetically pleasing and Jewish environment in which people can enjoy our life changing ideals.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Council for the Aging of Greater Washington DC
- The Jewish Council for the Aging of Greater Washington, D.C. (JCA) nurtures the positive side of aging. Our organization serves older men and women of all faiths and from all walks of life. As you read this, JCA programs are touching the lives of nearly 30,000 elders and their family caregivers. Our 54 staff and more than 500 volunteers are working miracles, large and small.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Philadelphia
- Since 1855, Jewish Family and Children's Service of Greater Philadelphia (JFCS) has been helping people of all ages meet life's challenges. With offices conveniently located throughout Greater Philadelphia, JFCS is there for people at every stage of life, with counseling, support services, and a long tradition of caring.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 257 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Family and Children's Services
- Jewish Family and Children's Services provides adult mental health counseling, adoption, AIDS, bereavement, child development, citizenship, disability, emergency assistance, home care, LGBT, personal affairs management, refugee, senior, volunteer programs, and more. Serves San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties.
(Added: 15-Jan-2002 Hits: 293 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- jewish family counseling
- Online psychotherapy and matchmaking by licensed psychotherapists for the professional and sophiscated. South Florida.
(Added: 23-Jul-2006 Hits: 30 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Fund for Judstice
- At the Jewish Fund for Justice, we believe that a commitment to combating poverty in the U.S., and the injustices
underlying it, is an essential part of our core identity and values as Jews. Our founders knew that there were thousands of Jews who were committed to advancing social justice through their personal philanthropy, their professions, and their volunteerism. But they wanted to send a clear message, to Jews and non-Jews alike, about the ongoing, collective commitment of American Jewry to fighting poverty. From the beginning, the Fund was envisioned as a contemporary way for Jews to act on the principles of tzedakah (righteous giving) and tikkun olam (repair of the world).
(Added: 15-Mar-2001 Hits: 240 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Health, Healing and Recovery Networ
- The JHHRN helps individuals and communities facing the challenges of life transitions, such as serious illness or injury, end-of-life care, loss and bereavement, addiction recovery, and other commmunity care and support concerns. The progams focus on supporting Jews and Jewish organizations with services that blend Jewish tradition and social work practice and include spiritual counseling, group counseling, consultation, information and referrals, printed materials, training and workshops.
(Added: 31-Mar-2005 Hits: 114 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Heritage for the Blind
- The Jewish Heritage for for the Blind is dedicated to servicing and promoting the independence of individuals who are blind or visually impaired. Now, it is easier then ever to find out about us, our work, our publications, and our services. With up to date announcements, dedication opportunities, and current projects, it's all right at your fingertips!
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 63 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Organizing Initiative
- The Jewish Organizing Initiative provides yearlong fellowships in The Boston area in community and labor organizing. These are paid jobs, for one year, staring September 1 of each year. The fellowships include a year of paid ($18,000 plus health insurance plus help with student loans) and a year of regular study of Judaism and community organizing. We provide jobs in communtiy organizing to young (22 to 30 year old) Jews interested in a career in social justice or Jewish service
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 246 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Pen Pals
- The Aleph Institute is a 23 year old Charity serving Jews in the military and prisons. We are NOT seeking donations, only good hearted people to perform a Mitzvah with Only a Postage Stamp..Be A Pal.
(Added: 8-Dec-2004 Hits: 78 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Penicillin
- There is one tenet which every social action initiative must abide by. Words can only accomplish so much; it is the action that follows those words that creates results. Jewish Penicillin is an organization that focuses on putting words into action. As we like to say, let's have the compassion to care and the courage to act. Yes, we are an organization that strives for a solid return on investment. Jewish Penicillin wants profitability for our partners and ourselves in order to be flexible and diverse in the use of our resources for social action.
Every human being has five basic necessities: food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, and education. We believe the purpose of Jewish Penicillin is to provide these necessities to as many people as we can. Our goal is to be the catalyst for a support system that will help ensure this reality for many. "Healing the world, one bowl at a time."™
(Added: 13-Jan-2006 Hits: 61 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Vocational Service
- The Jewish Vocational Service of MetroWest (JVS) is a comprehensive vocational, educational and technical training agency, providing a broad range of services on a nonsectarian basis to New Jersey residents, employers, institutions and industry both on and off-site since 1939. Whether it's in New Jersey, or in another state or province served by one of our 29 affiliates throughout North America and Israel, let "Our People Help Your People" meet your employment, training and educational needs.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Meir Panim Soup Kitchens in Israel
- Meir Panim Soup Kitchens in Israel is a network of 14 soup kitchen/restaurants dedicated to improving the quality of life of Israel's indigent population. They provide 240,00 hungry Israelis-of which 156,00 are children-with satisfying hot meals every single month.
Meir Panim is bridging the gap between all sectors of Israeli society through its relief activities exerting maximum effort to reinforce the concept of unity and the joint responsibility of the public at large.
(Added: 18-May-2005 Hits: 73 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty
- Helping poor and near-poor Jews in the Metropolitan New York area with programs and services including housing, home-care, employment training and placement, food pantries and vouchers, crisis intervention and social services.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 286 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 3) Rate It