- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Established in 1976, and situated on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, the National Museum of American Jewish History is the only Museum in the nation dedicated exclusively to collecting, preserving and interpreting artifacts pertaining to the American Jewish experience. The Museum serves as an important resource for information about Jewish life and culture, exposing visitors to American Jewish history through its changing exhibitions and complementary programming. The Museum's collection, numbering only 40 objects in its first year, has grown to more than 10,000 artifacts which resonate with the history of more than 300 years of American Jewish life.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 56 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Museum of American Jewish Military History
- The National Museum of American Jewish Military History, under the auspices of the Jewish War Veterans of the USA, documents and preserves the contributions of Jewish Americans to the peace and freedom of the United States, educates the public concerning the courage, heroism and sacrifices made by Jewish Americans who served in the armed forces, and works to combat anti-Semitism.
(Added: 8-Jan-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Yiddish Book Center
- The National Yiddish Book Center is a vibrant, non-profit organization working to rescue Yiddish and other modern Jewish books and celebrate the culture they contain. Supported by 30,000 members, we are now the largest and fastest-growing Jewish cultural organization in America. The National Yiddish Book Center was founded in 1980 by MacArthur Fellow Aaron Lansky, who continues to lead the organization as its president. When he was a 23-year-old graduate student, Lansky stumbled upon an alarming fact: throughout North America, thousands of priceless Yiddish books – books that had survived Hitler and Stalin – were being discarded and destroyed. As an older generation passed on, more often than not their precious Jewish volumes were literally thrown in the trash by children and grandchildren unable to read the language. An entire literature was on the verge of extinction.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 55 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Nechama - Jewish Response to Disaster
- Nechama ("comfort" in Hebrew), is the Jewish community's disaster response organization. Based in Minneapolis, since 1993 we have deployed hundreds of volunteers to help communities clean-up after floods, tornados, and other natural disasters. Our mission is based on the Jewish value of 'Tikkun Olam' -- repairing the world through acts of goodness. Our work also builds a sense of volunteer spirit and good citizenship.
(Added: 16-Feb-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- New Israel Fund
- Founded in 1979, the New Israel Fund advances civil rights and social justice for all Israelis, and believes the only secure Israel is a just Israel. An international partnership of Israelis, Americans, Canadians and Europeans, NIF pioneered the funding of Israel's social change organizations and advocacy groups, and is widely credited with transforming the social justice and human rights communities in Israel. NIF has funded more than 750 NGOs with approximately $300 million in 26 years.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- New Kach Movement - Philadelphia
- This website was started by young Jews who felt that their voice must be heard. Seeing the terribly depressing situation in Israel today where even loyal and faithful Jews have almost given up hope. We felt a need to send a message to the world out there and particularly to the Israeli Jewish youth that all is not lost and that there are many young Jews out there who are ready to take on the responsibility of the second generation.
(Added: 7-Oct-2001 Hits: 125 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- New York Chapter of Hadassah
- With over 7,000 members, New York Chapter of Hadassah is part of the largest Jewish and largest women's membership organization in the United States, whose members perform mitzvoth every day.
(Added: 26-Oct-2002 Hits: 134 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Newtown Hadassah
- Part of Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Newtown Hadassah is based north of Philadelphia in Bucks County, PA. Newtown Hadassah has more than 500 members, including two special-interest groups: Career Women's Network and 55 Plus.
(Added: 14-Aug-2003 Hits: 106 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- NORPAC is a non-partisan political action committee whose primary purpose is to support candidates and sitting members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives who demonstrate a genuine commitment to the strength, security, and survival of Israel. One component of this support is financial in nature as funding is often of critical importance to the ultimate success of a candidate’s campaign. Perhaps of equal – or even greater importance – is the organizational as well as personal support that NORPAC and its members provide. This support can range from providing education on a particular issue of the day to merely providing the emotional assurance that a public position taken is appreciated within our community.
(Added: 29-Aug-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- North American Jewish Data Bank
- The North American Jewish Data Bank is the central repository of social scientific studies of North American Jewry. The Data Bank’s primary functions are to (1) acquire, archive, and disseminate quantitative data sets and reports, both contemporary and historical, and (2) encourage utilization of the archive through training and provide information about methods for studying Jewish communities. Our goal is to aid understanding of the Jewish community, and to improve the quality and utilization of research conducted about North American Jewry.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 46 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Organization for the Resolution of Agunot, Inc.
- The Organization for the Resolution of Agunot is a non profit social service agency dedicated to helping women who are agunot. The many women who find themselves in the agunah predicament are most often unable to resolve their own plight by securing a Jewish divorce, thereby necessitating the existence of ORA. The goals of the organization are three fold: 1) To resolve current agunah cases 2) To provide social assistance to agunot 3)To eliminate any future agunah problem. All of the services that ORA provides are gratis, and are motivated by a desire to enable social and religious justice in the Jewish community. ORA utilizes many strategies and resources to accomplish its goals, and is unique in its usage of many different innovative ideas and its unswerving commitment to Jewish law and bettering the Jewish community.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 55 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Orthodox Caucus
- The Orthodox Caucus seeks to raise awareness and form practical solutions to issues confronting the Orthodox community. We have positively affected a number a of populations-- agunot, students contemplating a year in Israel after high school, and singles, and WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE! What issues are on your mind? In what areas should The Orthodox Caucus educate and guide the community? . . . .
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Orthodox Union
- The Orthodox Union is the largest and most dynamic Jewish movement of its kind in the world; the central address and national spokesman for 1,000 synagogues; a not-for-profit educational, outreach and social service organization which serves the burgeoning North American Jewish community. Since its founding 100 years ago, the Union has served as the central coordinating agency for American and Canadian Orthodox Jewish congregations. Our proven, effective activities and programs serve as the Jewish life-line to hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, Europe and Israel.
(Added: 8-Jan-2006 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- OU Network
- The Orthodox Union Network, created as a project of the Orthodox Union, is dedicated to bringing the world of Torah to the global internet community. Featuring the largest Torah server on the internet, including dozens of e-mail lists, thousands of pages of text, and hundreds of hours of audio and video, the network is growing daily.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 43 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The most comprehensive and easy to use Jewish Job site online. At Parnassah.com we are dedicated to helping Jews find jobs.
(Added: 24-Mar-2003 Hits: 467 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education
- The Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE), founded in 1997 by Michael Steinhardt and Rabbi Yitz Greenberg, is a collaborative of visionary Jewish philanthropists who seek to create a vibrant and sustainable Jewish future through strengthening the Jewish day school movement in North America. In its first six years, PEJE's model of making grants, providing expertise, and advocating for the day school movement reached over 150 elementary, middle, and high schools and invested a total of nearly $16 million in the field. PEJE has contributed to the opening of over 60 new Jewish day schools.
(Added: 28-Feb-2006 Hits: 53 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education
- The Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE) is a collaborative initiative of philanthropic partners whose mission is to grow Jewish day school enrollment and to ensure the excellence and long-term viability of all day schools through capacity-building strategies that strengthen the day school field.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning
- The Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning is dedicated to lifelong Jewish engagement through high-quality educational and identity-building experiences in collaboration with educational institutions, community agencies, and synagogues.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 65 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- PlanItJewish.com is a (501-c3) nonprofit organization committed to advancing participation, membership and volunteerism in your Jewish Community, through the use of a comprehensive website which provides easy access to local and national Jewish event programming.
(Added: 2-Apr-2002 Hits: 239 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It