- Society for Humanistic Judaism
- Humanistic Judaism is a nontheistic alternative in contemporary Jewish life. It was established by Rabbi Sherwin T. Wine in 1963 in Detroit, Michigan. Humanistic Judaism embraces a human-centered philosophy that combines rational thinking with a celebration of Jewish culture and identity. Humanistic Jews value their Jewish identity and the aspects of Jewish culture that offer a genuine expression of their contemporary way of life. Humanistic Jewish communities celebrate Jewish holidays and life cycle events (such as weddings and bar and bat mitzvah) with inspirational ceremonies that draw upon but go beyond traditional literature. The Society for Humanistic Judaism was organized in 1969. The Society's mission is to mobilize people to celebrate Jewish identity and culture consistent with a humanistic philosophy of life. The Society helps Humanistic Jews organize local communities and provides support and assistance to these communities.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 133 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Spark - Partnership for Service
- The mission of spark: Partnership for Service is to inspire a commitment to service as an ongoing part of each person's life and an important expression of Jewish identity. spark works collaboratively with other Jewish organizations in developing resources, curricular materials, trainings and workshops, and programs to enhance and expand high quality Jewish community service. spark frequently uses a service learning model to enhance Jewish community service programs.
(Added: 1-Feb-2006 Hits: 54 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Special Needs Opportunity Windows
- The Special Needs Opportunity Windows or SNOW Project is a provider of online resources and professional development opportunities for educators and parents of students with special needs. Our online workshops, curriculum materials, open discussion forums and other resources are available to assist you in using new technologies to benefit all of your learners.
(Added: 2-May-2006 Hits: 41 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- STAR (Synagogue Transformation and Renewal)
- STAR is a philanthropic partnership created in December 1999 by Charles Schusterman, Edgar Bronfman and Michael Steinhardt to stimulate and promote comprehensive synagogue transformation and renewal across the denominational spectrum.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 158 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- State of Israel Bonds
- The Development Corporation for Israel/State of Israel Bonds began operations in 1951. The corporation was established to implement Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion’s decision to float a bond issue to bolster Israel’s fledgling economy. First year sales totaled $52.6 million.
Throughout the ensuing decades, the sale of Israel bonds became a global enterprise, fulfilling Ben-Gurion’s vision of a strong economic partnership between Israel and its supporters the world over. Purchasers of Israel bonds have expanded well beyond the Jewish community, encompassing corporations, banks, insurance companies, labor unions, foundations, and institutional investors. Consequently, sales have now exceeded $25 billion, $19 billion of which has been redeemed on time and in full. Proceeds realized from the sale of Israel bonds and other securities are utilized by Israel’s Finance Ministry to help fund projects in key economic sectors.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Stop the ISM
- A website and organization of volunteers set up to expose the acitivites of the Palestine Solidarity Movement and the International Solidarity Movement within the United States and abroad in the West Bank. To date, Stop the ISM has brought about the deportation from Israel of over 200 ISM anti-Israel activists working for the PLO and Hamas.
(Added: 5-Aug-2006 Hits: 38 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Synagogue 3000
- Our Mission: Synagogue 3000 is a catalyst for excellence, empowering congregations and communities to create synagogues that are sacred and vital centers of Jewish life.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 29 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The AishDas Society
- The AishDas Society is committed to the advancement of meaningful worship in the Orthodox Jewish community. We must weld the "aish", the fire of faith, with the "das", the dictates of halachah.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 116 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Aleph Institute
- Aleph was founded in 1981 with a mission and mandate to serve society by: (1) providing critical social services to families in crisis; (2) addressing the pressing religious, educational, humanitarian and advocacy
needs of individuals in institutional environments; and (3) implementing solutions to significant issues relating to our criminal justice system,
with an emphasis on families, faith-based rehabilitation and preventive ethics education.
(Added: 9-Mar-2001 Hits: 139 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Canadian Jewish Congress
- This is the national information and advocacy site for Canadian Jewish Congress and the Jewish community across Canada.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 171 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Charles Bronfman Prize
- The Charles Bronfman Prize is a $100,000 humanitarian award given out each year to a worthy candidate less than 50 years of age who has contributed significantly to any field - the arts, science, education, the community, etc., for the betterment of the Jewish world. The Prize will be accepting nominations internationally for its second award year August 1-October 31, 2004. The award will then be presented in the Spring of 2005.
(Added: 21-Sep-2004 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Chief Rabbinate SEFAD Religious Council
- If you are in need of a Refuah Shleima, success in an operation, an easy childbirth, or success in life in general, we'll read Tehillim for you at a grave of one of the Tzaddikim in the Galil, Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, Rav Yosef Karo, the Ari...SPECIAL - Send a prayer to be recited at the grave of Rabbi Yonatan Ben Uziel. With G-d's help, you'll be married within the year.
(Added: 23-Sep-2002 Hits: 101 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- The Covenant Foundation
- The Foundation honors outstanding Jewish educators and supports creative programming, in order to strengthen educational endeavors that perpetuate Jewish heritage and identity.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 41 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish Community Center in the Nation's Capital
- The goals of the DCJCC are to preserve and strengthen Jewish identity, heritage, tradition and values through a wide variety of social, cultural, recreational, and educational programs and services. The Center accomplishes these goals in ways that reflect the unique location and role of the Center in the nation's Capital and the many contributions of the American Jewish community in the United States. While the Center is designed primarily to fulfill the needs of the Jewish community and to preserve and enhance the culture, traditions, ethics, and philosophy of Judaism, membership and participation in activities of the Center are open to all residents of the metropolitan area. The Washington DCJCC is a member of the JCCA, a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, and a designated agency of the United Way.
(Added: 21-Sep-2004 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Jewish Education Network
- We help any Jewish child to receive an education they deserve - a proper Jewish education.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 165 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Jewish Learning Experience
- A Jewish outreach organization based in Bergen County NJ. Provides free Hebrew classes and other programming in addition to home hospitality on Shabbat and festivals. Also, a one-on-one learning program is facilitated. No background required. All welcome.
(Added: 30-Apr-2002 Hits: 140 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Jewish Ministers Cantors Assoc. of America
- A traditional professional organizations of Cantors. Serving the Jewish Community for over 100 Years. Our membership has been comprised of the greatest luminaries of the past 100 years.
(Added: 4-Jun-2002 Hits: 150 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It