- The Jewish Teacher Corps
- THE JEWISH TEACHER CORPS is recruiting 18 of the best and brightest college graduates in the Jewish community to teach for one to two years in modern Orthodox and Community day schools across America. Candidates are “people persons” with strong leadership qualities who possess an extensive Judaic studies background and have excelled in personal and academic pursuits.
(Added: 19-Nov-2002 Hits: 128 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- The Movement for Reform Judaism UK
- This is the on-line presence for the Reform Movement, their partners and activities. It also provides information on and for Reform Jewish communities throughout the United Kingdom.
RSGB, Reform Synagogues of Great Britain, reform judaism, education, jewish, uk, synagogue, shul, festival, education, rabbi
(Added: 20-Apr-2006 Hits: 117 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Shalom Center
- The Shalom Center, founded in 1983, brings Jewish spirituality, tradition, and experience to bear on issues of tikkun olam — pursuing peace, seeking justice, healing the earth, and building community. Its director is Rabbi Arthur Waskow. We especially draw on Jewish teachings about the rhythm of work and
rest, doing and being. The modern world has become so addicted to making, doing, producing, consuming — and so contemptuous of reflection, community, and love — that this addiction is endangering both our society and the web of life on earth.
(Added: 15-Mar-2001 Hits: 192 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Shefa Fund
- The Shefa Fund is a public foundation that organizes American Jews to use their tzedakah for social justice and spiritual innovation, through grantmaking, investing and education.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 167 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The SOS Fund
- Our Mission: To enhance the Security of IDF Soldiers. We "Save Jewish Lives, One Soldier at a Time" through the distribution of bulletproof vests.
(Added: 17-Jul-2002 Hits: 105 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Workmen's Circle/Arbeter Ring
- The Workmen's Circle/Arbeter Ring is a secular Jewish organization dedicated to the preservation of Yiddish culture. We offer free Klezmer music concerts, secualr holiday celebrations, year round Yiddish classes and we engage in social action campaigns.
(Added: 10-Mar-2003 Hits: 109 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Join the online Jewish web portal with news and information on Israel, Judaism and related at www.TooJewish.com
(Added: 19-Apr-2002 Hits: 129 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Touro Fraternal Association
- Touro Fraternal Association is made up of Jewish men seeking a sense of fraternalism … of community … of belonging.
We count among our more than 600 members representatives of all aspects of the Jewish community - all sitting together as brothers. Included are second and third generations of the same family. Most live in the area and most of those who move away retain their memberships and periodically return to enjoy the camaraderie of their brothers.
Touro is governed by its members. The Board of Directors and Association and Lodge officers are elected by and are accountable to the membership. Our Cranston, RI, headquarters houses a kosher kitchen, offices, boardroom and a meeting and social hall which is available for a member's use for personal functions.
(Added: 18-Jan-2006 Hits: 52 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Toward Tradition
- Toward Tradition is a non-profit (501.c.3), educational organization working to advance our nation toward the traditional Judeo-Christian values that defined America’s creation and became the blueprint for her greatness. We believe that only a new alliance of concerned citizens can re-identify and dramatically strengthen the core values necessary for America to maintain that greatness and moral leadership. These values are: faith-based American principles of constitutional and limited government; the rule of law; representative democracy; free markets; a strong military; and, a moral public culture.
(Added: 29-Jan-2006 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Tzedek is a Jewish overseas development and educational charity based in the UK and founded in 1990.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 38 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- UIA Federations Canada
- UIA Federations Canada is a national Jewish fundraising organization and community planning body which was established in June 1998, as a result of the re-organization of the United Israel Appeal of Canada Inc., and the Council of Jewish Federations of Canada. Having fundraising and community development at the core of its objectives, UIAFC recognizes its responsibility to support and strengthen Jewish communities across Canada. With responsibility both to Canada and Israel, UIAFC looks to raise funds from communities both for local and overseas needs.
(Added: 20-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- UJA Federation of New York
- Caring for those in need, rescuing those in harm's way, and renewing and strengthening the Jewish people in New York, in Israel, and around the world. Ever since a group of New York Jews first came together to help impoverished European immigrants in the early 20th century, UJA-Federation has been caring for those in need. As subsequent generations have faced new challenges, UJA-Federation has continuously evaluated and adjusted how it goes about its life-saving work. Today, our mission embraces three core ideas: caring, renewing, and connecting.
(Added: 9-Feb-2006 Hits: 56 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- UJA Federation of Northern New Jersey
- The UJA Federation of Northern New Jersey (UJA NNJ) takes action everyday to insure the quality of life for every Jewish person everywhere. UJA NNJ works to build and unify the community. It seeks to accomplish this goal by supporting the many centers of Jewish life through communication, cooperation, collective action, and financial resource development.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Union for Reform Judaism
- The Union for Reform Judaism, the central body of the Reform Movement in North America, was founded in Cincinnati in 1873 by Rabbi Isaac Mayer Wise as the Union of American Hebrew Congregations. It has grown from an initial membership of 34 congregations in 28 cities to more than 900 congregations in the United States, Canada, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. It is the largest Jewish movement in North America and represents an estimated 1.5 million Jews. At the Union's 2003 Biennial convention the General Assembly approved the change of name.
(Added: 8-Jan-2006 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Union for Traditional Judaism
- The UTJ is a trans-denominational education and outreach organization dedicated to promoting the principles of traditional Judaism. We support and encourage traditional Jewish practice among individuals, congregations, institutions, scholars and religious leaders across the spectrum of the Jewish community. Our programs and resources are used by a wide range of synagogues, schools, and other Jewish institutions. Our goal is to bring the greatest possible number of Jews closer to an open-minded, observant Jewish life.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Union progressiver Juden in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz
- Union of progressive Jews in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Website is basically in German, but contains at least some pages English. Many pages on the background of the German speaking progressive movement, congregations, literature, etc..
(Added: 15-Feb-2002 Hits: 129 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- United Jewish Communities
- UJC belongs to you. Take advantage of UJC's extensive resources with this guide, which will allow you to search easily and quickly for UJC services. Your search will produce entries that offer summary and contact information to help you get the most out of UJC. Within this guide you'll find all the services, resources and email contact information you'll need to make the best use of UJC, locally, nationally and internationally. Updates will be made as UJC continues to evolve. Look on the Web, at www.ujcinteroffice.org, for direct telephone numbers. All events/dates subject to change.
(Added: 13-Jan-2006 Hits: 86 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- United Jewish Communities of Metro West New Jersey
- United Jewish Communities (UJC) of MetroWest NJ encompasses the New Jersey counties of Essex, Morris, Sussex and part of Union, making it the largest federation in the state, and one of the largest Jewish federations in North America. UJC supports educational, social, cultural, and vocational services, in addition to a wide array of activities for all ages. We're here for you!
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It