- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Founded in 1913 by Dr. Solomon Schechter as the association of Conservative synagogues in North America, The United Synagogue serves as a resource to its affiliated congregations and works to formulate a Conservative Jewish response to pressing social and religious issues.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 212 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Verein Schalom
- Jewish cemeteries in Austria - their restauration and conservation. Rebuilding Jewish history.
(Added: 2-Jan-2003 Hits: 81 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- West Coast Chabad Lubavitch
- With over 2,700 international branches, Chabad-Lubavitch is the largest Jewish organization in the world today. Chabad-Lubavitch embraces a philosophy of study, meditation, and social outreach that bridges rigorous academics with proactive community involvement. Chabad’s rapidly growing array of educational institutions, outreach programs, and social services has made it one of the most dynamic forces in modern Jewish life.
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 60 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Jewish Aid
- World Jewish Aid acts on behalf of the UK Jewish community to provide emergency and development aid to those in need throughout the world regardless of race, religion or nationality.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 54 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Jewish Congress
- The World Jewish Congress is an international organization whose mission is to address the interests and needs of Jews and Jewish communities throughout the world.
(Added: 28-Feb-2006 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World Jewish Relief
- Founded in 1933 World Jewish Relief is the main overseas aid arm of the UK Jewish community. We provide basic welfare support in the form of food, medication and fuel as well as sustaining and renewing Jewish life in communities across the world.
(Added: 12-May-2006 Hits: 42 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yad BeYad Association of Silicon Valley
- Yad BeYad (Hand in Hand) is an Israeli non-profit organization dedicated to humanitarian causes. Bait Ham (a Warm Home) is a project funded in part by Yad BeYad. Its goal is to provide a home for children whose families fail to function. Thus far 12
homes'', each hosting about 25 children aged 3-7, have been established in Tel-Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, Netanya, Yavne, Hod Hasharon, Hertzlia and other communities. The Silicon Valley chapter of Yad BeYad was established in 2000 by Vered Ravid. Vered day-in and day-out dedication to the cause comes from a true belief that every one on this earth can and should make a difference, and that the only way to make a better world for the future is by giving back. The Israeli community in Silicon Valley has taken upon itself to sponsor a warm home in Kerem HaTemanim between the years 2000-2005. In 2005, the community has agreed to support two homes, one on Aliya St. and one on Florentin St., on a permanent basis.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 56 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- YAD Sarah
- Yad Sarah is an Israel-wide network of volunteers aiding disabled, elderly, and housebound people aimed at making home care possible.
(Added: 14-Feb-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- YM-YWHA of North Jersey
- Membership includes: Family Activities + Gymnasium
Indoor & Outdoor Tracks + Cybex Exercise Equipment + Free Weights
Fully Equipped Fitness Center + Racquetball Courts + Hardball Courts
Squash Courts +Tennis Courts + Indoor Heated Olympic Size Pool
Softball Field + Women's Sauna + Men's Steam Room +
Library and Reference Center + Art Shows and Exhibits
Family Lounge + Discounted Y Classes and Events
Annual subscription to The Criterion
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Young Israel
- The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI), founded in 1912, serves as the national coordinating agency for nearly 150 Orthodox congregations comprised of nearly 25,000 member families throughout the United States and Canada. NCYI also serves as a resource to its sister organization in Israel, entitled "Yisrael Hatzair - the Young Israel Movement in Israel", encompassing over 50 synagogues.
(Added: 26-Mar-2001 Hits: 309 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Yovel's mission is to foster connections and strengthen ties among the State of Israel, the Israelis abroad, the Diaspora and its Jewish communities. Yovel seeks to expose young adults to Jewish values in general and to the rich legacy of Sephardic/Oriental Jewry, an often neglected and understudied source of Jewish values, morals, and traditions, in particular. Yovel advocates a unique Jewish identity among its members that embraces tolerance, compromise, moderation, and respect for the past and transcends ethnic and religious divisions and differences. Yovel will implement its mission through various academic and communal venues, reaching out and collaborating with a variety of Jewish organizations regardless of their political or religious affiliations.
(Added: 13-May-2006 Hits: 34 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zemel Choir-Britains Leading Mixed Voice Jewish Choir
- The Zemel Choir, established by Dudley Cohen in 1955, is proud of its international reputation as one of the worldï¿½s finest mixed voice Jewish choirs. Our wide ranging repertoire embraces all the traditional Jewish cultures, Ashkenazi, Sephardi, Yiddish and Israeli. We regularly perform in major venues throughout the U.K. and overseas, and besides singing well known favourites, are particularly proud to present new music, often specially commissioned, from contemporary composers.
(Added: 24-Oct-2006 Hits: 21 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Zionist Organization of America
- The Zionist Organization of America, founded in 1897, is the oldest pro-Israel organization in the United States. The ZOA works to strengthen U.S.-Israel relations, educates the American public and Congress about the dangers that Israel faces, and combats anti-Israel bias in the media and on college campuses. Its past presidents have included Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis and Rabbi Dr. Abba Hillel Silver.
(Added: 24-Dec-2005 Hits: 79 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It