- Jewish Community Foundation
- Built around the values of tzedakah (righteousness, charity) and tikkun olam (repairing the world), the Foundation works with East Bay Jewish donors to realize their philanthropic goals—and create a rich, supportive, inclusive and strong community.
The Foundation's donor-advised philanthropic funds, supporting family foundations and designated endowment funds contribute to the growth and well-being of people in many communities.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston
- JCRC promotes a society that reflects the best of American and Jewish values—in Greater Boston, Israel and around the world—by convening and mobilizing the Jewish community. Through advocacy, organizing, service and partnerships, JCRC pursues social justice, ensures a vibrant Jewish community, and builds a network of support for Israel.
(Added: 15-Feb-2006 Hits: 52 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA)
- The Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) serves as the representative voice of the organized American Jewish community in addressing the mandate of the Jewish community relations field. The mandate is expressed in two, interrelated goals: 1.to safeguard the rights of Jews here, in Israel, and around the world; and, in order to accomplish
that, 2.to protect, preserve, a promote a just American society, one that is democratic and pluralistic. These goals are pursued in a non-partisan manner informed by Jewish values. Our community has a direct stake in assuring that America remains a country wedded to the Bill of Rights.
(Added: 25-Apr-2001 Hits: 189 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs
- JCUA combats poverty, racism and anti-Semitism in partnership with Chicago's diverse community groups. Founded in the 1960s out of Civil Rights, we work for greater social justice in the U.S.
(Added: 13-Mar-2002 Hits: 119 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Deaf Community Center
- For many years, we were faced with extremely limited opportunities to interact with other Jewish deaf people in Southern California. It was for that reason that this outreach group was started in 1992. JDCC officially became a non-profit organization in August, 1994. JDCC promotes individual growth, social awareness, productivity and equality, by empowering deaf and hard of hearing persons to be full participants in the Jewish community at large. We provide a variety of events during the year. Our programming events include social events including lecture series, international kosher dinners, and community services including Havurah for singles, teens, and families. Cultural activities have involved tours to the Museum of Tolerance and My Jewish Discovery Museum. We also provide religious programming through High Holidays services that JDCC conducts entirely in American Sign Language as well as Passover Community Seder.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Defense League
- The Jewish Defense League is the most controversial and effective Jewish identity, human rights, and activist organization. Founded in 1968 by Rabbi Meir Kahane, HY"D, the JDL has been responsible for confronting the all too real dangers presented by the white supremacy, neo-nazi, and fifth column movements in the United States and elsewhere. The JDL works tirelessly to expose and defeat anti-Semitism and Jew-hatred, while building Jewish pride, self-confidence, and power in our People. The JDL continues to stress the absolute necessity for Jews to be learned in self-defense techniques of all kinds as though their lives depended on it, and has stood its ground in support of the Second Amendment. Never Again, the JDL motto, often bumps up against the "mainstream Jewish leadership" attitude that Jews shouldn't make waves or fight back when are under attack. Such an attitude was sold to the Jews of Europe 65 years ago and the result was the murder of the Six Million. The Jewish Defense League actively confronts the forces of Anti-Semitism, racial hatred, and bigotry, whenever, wherever, and by whatever means necessary within the limits of the law, while fighting for Jewish human rights guaranteed all people under international law and the Chosen People under our Torah.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 91 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Education in Media, Inc.
- L'chayim the longest running Jewish program on television today, features interviews with the outstanding figures on the world Jewish scene who comment on the issues and events of importance to the Jewish community.
(Added: 20-Feb-2006 Hits: 60 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Family Foundation
- The Jewish Family Foundation was founded to address the needs of Jewish teenagers and their families. These needs include advocacy within the Jewish community, programs for families and youth grounded in Jewish values and spirituality, and networking professionals who deal specifically in Jewish education for teens and their families.
(Added: 27-Jan-2007 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Family Service of RI Maos Chitim Program
- The mission of Jewish Family Service is to sustain, nurture and strengthen the emotional and general well-being and stability of families and individuals throughout the life cycle. The agency provides professional services to the greater Rhode Island community, with emphasis on recognizing and meeting current and emerging community needs within the framework of Jewish tradition and values.
(Added: 8-Jan-2006 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans
Goldring-Woldenberg Jewish Community Campus
Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building
3747 West Esplanade Avenue
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
(Added: 28-Jan-2006 Hits: 44 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle was established 1926. Our mission, here at the Jewish Federation is to ensure Jewish survival and enhance the quality of Jewish life locally, in Israel and worldwide.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Federation of Las Vegas
- The United Jewish Community / Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, a non-profit organization, is the central coordinating body for fundraising, planning, allocations, and communal services for the Jewish community. A well-established, and widely-regarded humanitarian organization, the Federation has served the Las Vegas community for the last three decades and has raised nearly $45 million to support Jewish causes here in Las Vegas, in Israel and in 59 countries around the world.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 84 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County: About Federation
- The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, formed in 1962, is the thread that runs through the fabric of our Jewish community, its organizations and services. We support programs for Jews in need in Palm Beach County, Israel and 60 countries around the world, providing food for the hungry and counseling for the troubled, spearheading rescue and relief efforts for isolated Jews in distressed regions and funding innovative Jewish educational and unity initiatives.
(Added: 20-Apr-2001 Hits: 129 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Federation of Rhode Island
- While the work of helping Jews in need has changed from rescuing Jews to helping them with sustenance, the role of the Jewish Federation of Rhode Island in building community continues to evolve. At one time Federation defined itself as the central address for community planning, fundraising, and community relations. Recently Federation has evolved into a convener and supporter of community members and organizations. Federation is trying to strengthen its relationships with all Jewish organizations in the state, including the 16 synagogues throughout our community, to ensure that the needs of Jews throughout our community are being met.
(Added: 8-Jan-2006 Hits: 49 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It