- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
- Located in the Greater Washington, DC Metropolitan area, just outside the Nation's Capital, JFGH is renowned as a provider of programs and services for adults with disabilities.
The Jewish Foundation for Group Homes (JFGH), a not-for-profit organization, was founded in 1982 to enhance the independence and quality of life for adults with disabilities. JFGH was established to provide answers to the questions faced by parents who needed to plan for the day when they would no longer be able to care for and support their adult children.
(Added: 11-May-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Funders Network
- The Jewish Funders Network is a national organization of individual philanthropists, foundation trustees and foundation staff committed to advancing the growth and quality of Jewish philanthropy through more effective grantmaking to Jewish and secular causes. The Network provides the opportunity for Jewish funders to discuss emerging issues, learn about new projects and ideas, gain expertise in the operational, administrative, and legal aspects of grant-making, explore the family dynamics and intergenerational issues of family foundations, and exchange information.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 318 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Heritage Society
- The Jewish Heritage Society is an independent scholarly institution for the development and coordination of research in history and culture of the Jewish people in the Russian Empire and the USSR, and documenting the Jewish historical legacy. The Society's interests embrace a wide range of academic scholarship in the field of Jewish studies including history, sociology, ethnography, source studies, booklore, etc.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington
- The Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington and its Lillian & Albert Small Jewish Museum preserve, chronicle, and present the story of the local Jewish community.
(Added: 15-Jan-2007 Hits: 31 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Historical Society of Napa Valley
- This innovative group provides Napa Valley with historical, cultural, authors, film and musical programs. They commissioned a book "Under the Vine and the Fig Tree: the history of the Jews of Napa Valley" by Lin Weber(Amazon.com). They donated permanent historical exhibit to the Napa Valley Museum in Yountville, CA. Programs included The Jews of Shanghai, Jimena, History of Jews in Radio and Broadway, Ancient Synagogues with Dr. Marilyn Chiat.
(Added: 11-May-2006 Hits: 55 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Jobs
- JewishJobs.com -- The Clearinghouse For Jewish Communal Jobs. JewishJobs.com provides web-based interactive staffing and employment services to both employers and job seekers within the nonprofit Jewish communal world. JewishJobs.com began in March 2001 and is now the largest Jewish communal jobs resource. No other resource helps more nonprofit Jewish communal professionals connect with jobs in the nonprofit Jewish community.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 155 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance
- The mission of the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance is to expand the spiritual, ritual, intellectual and political opportunities for women within the framework of halakha. We advocate meaningful participation and equality for women in family life, synagogues, houses of learning and Jewish communal organizations to the full extent possible within halakha.
(Added: 10-Aug-2004 Hits: 101 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Outreach Institute
- Since 1988, the Jewish Outreach Institute has been a leader in the development of Jewish community-based outreach programming. Through our national conferences, publications and informational resources, JOI has helped foster the creation of scores of Jewish outreach programs from coast to coast. Our research has garnered national attention on the opportunities for including the intermarried in the Jewish community.
(Added: 11-Jan-2006 Hits: 75 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Professionals Institute
- The Jewish Professionals Institute (J.P.I.) was established in the 1980s to provide mature, sophisticated Jewish adults engaged in modern professions the opportunity to get acquainted with their heritage. So many Jews have succeeded as lawyers, doctors, accountants, M.B.A.'s, Ph.D.'s, and other areas of academic life, but have not had the opportunity to study Hebrew and Judaism on an equally mature level. J.P.I. is an organization dedicated to adult Jewish education and has on staff dedicated Jewish educators who are able to communicate the meaning and value of Judaism to the modern Jewish professional. Through free lunch hour classes, public lectures, workshops, tutorials, and entering into the homes and communities of professional Jewish adults, J.P.I. provides the missing link: a mature and professional presentation of Judaism and Jewish life.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 252 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Sports Hall of Fame
- The Jewish Sports Hall of Fame is dedicated to honoring Jewish athletes, coaches, executives and broadcasters who have distinguished themselves in the world of sports. Each year those persons being inducted are honored in a ceremony held at The Suffolk Y JCC in Commack, N.Y. The 10th Annual Inductions will be held on Sunday, March 24, 2002, beginning at 10:30a.m. Inductees include football coaches Marv Levy and Sid Gillman, Hofstra Basketball All-America Steve Nisenson, Jockey Walter Blum and the Jewish Players currently playing Professional Football.
(Added: 26-Oct-2001 Hits: 335 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Toronto Online
- Being Jewish in Toronto is Great! Take the extra step and DO Jewish! Volunteer, participate, join, celebrate, sound off...And enjoy to the fullest your Jewish community. Welcome to the newest component of UJA's 'Jewish Toronto': Doing Jewish In Toronto.
(Added: 21-Sep-2006 Hits: 40 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Tuscon
- Jewish Tuscon, Arizon web site coordinated by United Jewish Communities
(Added: 30-Jan-2006 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Vegetarian and Ecological Society
- The purpose of The Jewish Vegetarian and Ecological Society (JVS) is to promote the practice of vegetarianism within the Judaic tradition, and explore the relationship between Judaism, dietary laws, and vegetarianism.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 54 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish War Veterans (JWV) of the USA
- The Jewish War Veterans (JWV) of the USA, organized in 1896 by Jewish Veterans of the Civil War, is the oldest active national veterans' service organization in America. Among JWV's activities are: promoting legislation assisting veterans, sponsoring projects on Jewish communal concerns,
support of Israel, advocacy for Soviet Jewry, and combating anti-Semitism. JWV is your voice on Capitol Hill.
(Added: 26-Mar-2001 Hits: 122 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Women International
- Jewish Women International (JWI) is dedicated to ensuring that every woman and girl is safe, in her home and in her relationships. Today, JWI is recognized as the leading Jewish organization committed to ending the cycle of family violence and to promoting safe homes, strong women and healthy relationships. Jewish Women International, founded in 1897 as B'nai B'rith women, honors the concept of tikkun olam — repairing the world-through education, advocacy and action.
Guided by a vision of a safe world for women and children, each of our anti-violence initiatives promotes the highest form of tzedakah by helping women and children become independent and help themselves.
Looking forward, we see a new generation of women exploring their spirituality and invigorating our mothers' and grandmothers' organizational legacy with fresh ambition.
(Added: 19-Jan-2006 Hits: 78 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It