- Moving On
- Moving is web site dedciated to the memory of Nechama Liba Holman A"H. A young girl who passed away. The goal of the site is to give chizuk to other bereaved parents, perpetuate her memory and help others understand what it is like to move on after the loss of a child. In addition, it shares the many lessons that Nechama taught, in her subtle way. She was a remarkable young girl whose wisdom
was far beyond her years.
(Added: 14-Jul-2005 Hits: 66 Rating: 9.75 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Mussar Institute
- The Mussar Institute is committed to opening doors to the authentic teachings of the Mussar tradition, which has been developed in the Jewish world over the past thousand years. The organization runs courses that are open to all, convenes conferences and workshops, and endeavors to be a hub of information on all forms of Mussar learning and practice.
(Added: 30-Sep-2005 Hits: 114 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Center for Jewish Healing
- The NCJH provides consultation, information & referral and educational opportunities to Jewish communal organizations seeking to address the spiritual needs of people during times of illness and loss, particularly through the development of programs of Jewish healing. Materials designed to help those dealing with illness and loss are available for purchase.
(Added: 30-Mar-2005 Hits: 102 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Nefesh Haya
- Nefesh Haya is a school of Jewish Meditation and "Jewish Yoga"-Ophanim whose sources are Breslev Chassidut and Kabala.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 562 Rating: 6.67 Votes: 3) Rate It
- NeoHasid.org is a resource dedicated to bringing the wellsprings of Chasidut as far as the internet can carry them. Our site is an all-access pass to Chasidut or Chasidus for every person, whether non-Orthodox or Orthodox, women and men, religious or secular, however observant, connected to a Jewish community or not. Our vision is egalitarian in the fullest sense: everyone can be singing, praying, and learning from these resources and using them in their own communities. Connect here, and share the unique spirit and song of Chasidut.
(Added: 19-Oct-2005 Hits: 121 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Pure Spirit Creations
- A website containing information on Jewish mysticism, spirituality, meditation and holidays, rituals and prayers. It features the work of Nina Amir, writer and teacher, including articles, excerpts from her books, free meditations, free art, and a free newsletter. She writes and teaches on the subjects of Kabballah, making observance of Jewish holidays, rituals and prayers meaningful and spiritual, using Jewish wisdom from Chassidic master to live fully in fearful and uncertain times, Jewish meditation, creative thought, and deliberate creation.
(Added: 22-Jan-2003 Hits: 344 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Rabbi Shefa Gold
- Rabbi Shefa Gold is a leader in ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal & is director of C-DEEP: Center for Devotional, Energy & Ecstatic Practice in Jemez Springs, New Mexico. She received her ordination both from the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and from Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi. Shefa composes spiritual music, has produced 10 albums, and her liturgies have been published in several prayerbooks. She teaches workshops and retreats on Chanting, Devotional Healing, Spiritual Community-building and Meditation. Shefa combines her grounding in Judaism with a background in Buddhist, Christian, Islamic, and Native American spiritual traditions to make her uniquely qualified as a spiritual bridge celebrating the shared path of devotion.
(Added: 27-Nov-2004 Hits: 120 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Red String
- The New Kabbalah is a philosophy and Jewish theology grounded in the union between traditional Jewish mysticism and modern rational thought. Rooted in the visionary mythos of Rabbi Isaac Luria (1534-72), and interpreted through such modern and postmodern thinkers as Freud, Jung, Hegel and Derrida, the New Kabbalah seeks to uncover and further develop the philosophical and psychological significance of Kabbalistic symbols and ideas. In addition, the New Kabbalah is enriched by comparative studies and dialog between Jewish mysticism and other religious and philosophical traditions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Platonism, and Gnosticism. The New Kabbalah is born out of the conviction that the theosophical system of Luria and his followers promotes an open economy of thought, dialog and criticism while at the same time providing a coherent and comprehensive account of the world and humanity's role within it that is intellectually, morally and spiritually vital for us today.
(Added: 11-Jan-2006 Hits: 84 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Spirit of the Rock
- A Jewish site with philosophy questions and answers, Jewish Stories, a nearly impossible riddle to solve, and intellectual challenges.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 368 Rating: 6.33 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Spiritual Knowledge
- This website is written to give an insight, knowledge and basic understanding of spiritual ideas based on jewish teachings, mainly based on Reb Chaim Vital's books, belief in reincarantion - "gilgul" of souls .
(Added: 18-Jul-2004 Hits: 141 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Malibu Surfer to Surfing Rabbi! Growing up under the spell of one of the worlds most coveted surf spots, Norm Shifty Shifren risks missing his own bar mitzvah to take his first shaky ride at the mecca of surfdom Malibu Beach. An assimilated Jew who barely acknowledges his spiritual roots, Shifren pursues his dream of becoming a big-wave surfer, lifeguard and triathlete. Get the book!
(Added: 26-Feb-2006 Hits: 43 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Somewhere in the last 200 years, modern Jewish practice lost its mystical connection. With industrialization, the elevation of science, the Holocaust, and the proliferation of Western materialism, Judaism began to assimilate, and its spiritual ideas and practices became harder to access. And, for many of us who grew up in the later portion of the 20th century, Judaism became dry and stale. Though there are clear sociological reasons why the metaphysical musings of our forefathers and mothers were sent underground, it seems that now, at the dawn of a new age, we are called to re-learn this forgotten material. Spiritually conscious Judaism can assist us in two ways...
(Added: 6-May-2006 Hits: 72 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Tel Shemesh: Living Earth Judaism
- Tel Shemesh is a web resource and community exploring ancient and new Jewish traditions related to the earth. Visit Tel Shemesh to learn how the cycle of the Jewish year connects to the seasons and how Jewish mystical traditions can enhance our connection to the natural world. If you're in the New York area, come to a Tel Shemesh event and experience the rhythms of the earth through drumming, ritual, and Jewish legends. Or invite Tel Shemesh founders Rabbi Jill Hammer and Shoshana Jedwab to teach Jewish earth wisdom in your community.
(Added: 11-Jul-2006 Hits: 40 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Book Of Change - Sefer Shinuyim
- An explanation of the Book of Change - Sefer Shinuyim . Understanding life as a reason and purpose to change ourselves.
(Added: 18-Jul-2004 Hits: 210 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- The Mimounia
- Maimonides and his son Abraham have clearly resumed the way of spiritual transformation which leads to the “meeting”, the bond with God. The election and the role of a spiritual master, the inventory of the actions, the recollection of the name of God, the meditation and the spiritual retreat are the tools to progress on this path.
(Added: 25-Jul-2005 Hits: 63 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It