- Congregation B'nai Israel
- Founded in 1893, B'nai Israel is the third oldest, continuing independent congregation and the oldest conservative synagogue in Rhode Island.
The earliest roots of the congregation date to 1889, when it was known as the Lovers of Peace. In 1962, we dedicated our beautiful synagogue, designed by the internationally recognized synagogue architect Samuel Glazer. Since 1917, our Hebrew School has maintained the highest standards and since the early 1900s our Chevra Kadisha and cemetery have attended to the needs of our departed. We welcome interfaith families and our egalitarian services offer women an equal role.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 167 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Congregation Beth David, RI
- Congregation Beth David, a friendly Conservative Jewish Synagogue in Narragansett, RI.
(Added: 10-Jun-2005 Hits: 122 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Temple Am David
- The congregation of Temple Am David, through a succession of mergers, which adapted to the changing Jewish Community in Rhode Island, celebrates a rich history dating back more than 100 years. Today, Am David is a leading Conservative synagogue complete with a beautiful sanctuary, newly renovated social hall, recently modernized school wing, and library. Our Temple's gift shop offers an excellent array of both the usual and the unusual religious gift items. Bridal registry is available.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 133 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Temple Emanu-El
- A Conservative congregation in Providence, RI. We’re a Conservative congregation that’s anything but! We open many doors to synagogue involvement so that you can find the best route for you to participate and feel welcome. You’ll find us warm and friendly, and eager to help you find your niche.
We embody a reverence for Jewish and congregational traditions coupled with a lively, innovative and dynamic spirit. We are a congregation in which spiritual searching is welcomed and fostered, where Jews with all sorts of backgrounds can find a comfortable home. We encourage members to grow in their Jewish knowledge and in their observance of Judaism.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 326 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Temple Shalom
- Temple Shalom is an embracing, supportive, vibrant community which is committed to observing Conservative Judaism in a contemporary and progressive tradition located in Middletown, Rhode Island. Temple Shalom is devoted to the continuation of Jewish values, education and culture. Temple Shalom honors the diversity of its members and is dedicated to their spiritual, intellectual and religious growth.
(Added: 9-Jan-2006 Hits: 168 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Temple Torat Yisrael
- A Conservative synagogue in the heart of Rhode Island.
(Added: 26-Jan-2006 Hits: 106 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It