- I Love Torah
- Everything you could surf online for about Torah! Great links and great fun learning Torah!
(Added: 8-Mar-2002 Hits: 1954 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Navigating the Bible II
- On line bar and bat mitzvah tutor. Journey into the world of the Jewish Bible. Study the portions. Hear the melodies. Follow the themes and learn what the scholars say. Explore it as history -- literature -- religion: A multitude of paths awaits you. Hebrew, Spanish, English, Russian language options!
(Added: 2-Apr-2001 Hits: 1791 Rating: 8.20 Votes: 5) Rate It
- Project Genesis
- Project Genesis is a new and innovative organization, and one of the fastest-growing Jewish outreach programs today. Project Genesis promotes further Jewish education about our Jewish roots, as represented in Jewish sources. Project Genesis believes that this is the best way to restore self-respect, self-confidence, and an interest in our own continuity, among modern Jewish collegiates and unaffiliated Jews worldwide. Project Genesis works to establish a strong Jewish identity, expand Jewish knowledge, and encourage its participants to become more involved with Judaism and the Jewish community.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 1224 Rating: 5.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Rabbi A. I. Kook on the Weekly Torah Portion
- Thoughts and insights taken from the writings of Rav A.I. Kook, and organized according to the Weekly Torah Portion, Tehillim, and Jewish holidays.
(Added: 14-Oct-2001 Hits: 1928 Rating: 7.25 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Shamash's Tanach Directory
- A compendium of many Jewish Torah and Tanach links and resources, including a searchable index of thousands of dvar torahs and other tidbits of torah.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 1875 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Triennial Cycle for Torah Reading
- Based upon "A complete triennial system for reading the Torah" by Rabbi Richard Eisenberg. This is the official triennial cycle breakdown used by the Conservative Movement. Many congregations pattern their weekly Torah reading cycle after a system similar to the one used in ancient Israel during the rabbinic period. In this system, the traditional parashiot are each divided into three shorter segments, and the whole Torah is completed once every three years. The system has both advantages and disadvantages, but its ability to shorten the length of Torah reading without sacrificing the complete reading of the Torah on a regular basis has made it the choice of some synagogues in the Conservative Movement.
(Added: 18-Oct-2001 Hits: 1337 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Welcome to first world wide Jewish Audio since Mount Sinai!!
This Home Page provides links to over 300 hours of Torah Audio. ( You could spend your lunch hour here for over an entire year with always a new sound.) The content of this site has been divided into several categories to help you navigate efficiently.
(Added: 13-Jan-2006 Hits: 330 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- About the Bible
- How was the Bible (Tanach) written and when? How much history, how much legend? A long essay on these questions and similar ones.
(Added: 26-Jun-2002 Hits: 619 Rating: 7.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Akhlah: The Jewish Children's Learning Network
- The perfect resource for Jewish Children, Parents and Educators. with Akhlah you can learn about the weekly Parsha, Israel, The Hebrew Aleph-Bet, Jewish Holidays, Torah Heroes and you can also hear the Hebrew Phrase of the Day in Streaming Audio, Color our Coloring pages and have a great time while learning all about Judaism.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 675 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 5) Rate It
- Bamidbar, Yeruham Community Center
- Bamidbar - a place where Jews of all kinds meet and study Jewish sources in an open, egalitarian, and pluralistic atmosphere. Located in the small southern city of Yeroham, Bamidbar tries to grapple with a threefold alienation: between Jews with differing approaches to their Jewishness, between residents of the development town of Yeroham and the members of the surrounding kibbutzim and moshavim - geographically near but socially light-years apart, and between all of these and Jewish sources throughout the ages, Our new internet site Bamidbar forums at: http://bamidbar.org is a site for people from all backgrounds to study and discuss Jewish sources, in a pluralistic atmosphere, while trying to find the relevance of these sources to the 21st century. The study topic of our main forum is the Jewish cycle of life (Brit-Milah, Bar-Mitzvah, Marriage, etc) and new sources are added bi-weekly. Our open forum is a place for friends of Bamidbar, Yeruham, members of the UJC network community.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 443 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Canaan Hora--Dancing with the Torah
- The only weekly par’sha page of its kind, for modern kids leading modern lives, is beautifully written in sophisticated language, yet language kids can understand. Fresh, exciting and thoughtful, it has open-ended questions, a section for table discussion, a weekly quote in English and Hebrew, and always there is a link to something from the sages. This site can also be useful for Family Education, classrooms, and homes.
(Added: 3-Jun-2005 Hits: 223 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Hundreds of Torah Lectures on Audio CD's from Americas leading Rabbis and Professors. Topics include, Chumash, Talmud, Jewish Philosophy, Jewish Parenting and many others.
(Added: 23-Jan-2004 Hits: 331 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Chabad Library
- The Library of Agudas Chassidei Chabad Ohel Yosef Yitzchak Lubavitch is located at the international headquarters of the Chabad movement: 770 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, New York. The Library is one of the most distinguished Judaic libraries, containing approximately 250,000 books, the majority of which are aged and rare. Around 200,000 of these are printed in the languages of Hebrew and Yiddish, while the remaining 50,000 are in a variety of other languages.
(Added: 8-May-2006 Hits: 192 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- "Jewish Learning with Tolerance and an Open Mind". Our list is a Jewish Discussion Forum with people from varying Jewish backgrounds, affiliations and religious outlook. Chevruta was founded as an independent organization at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, USA in 1983 as an "ad-hoc" chavura of 7 college students learning in each other's homes weekly. Special sessions were with Rabbis and Religion Professors and semi-annual Shabbatonim were later offered to the Jewish Community at large. Chevruta grew quickly and branched into several chapters, and was officially chartered as a movement in 1987. When the founders, Ephraim and Nechama King made Aliya in 1988, Chevruta went into hiatus until November 1996, when the Kings saw the increasing need for religious dialogue, 1 year after the Rabin Assasination.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 501 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Chicago Torah Network
- Chicago torah network is a Jewish outreach program that provides meaningful opportunities for increased Jewish learning and living to Jews of all backgrounds and affiliations.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 527 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Daat Hachachamim
- Dvar Torahs on sefer Bereishit by Junior High students.
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 345 Rating: 9.67 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Discovery Seminars
- Home of the most popular seminar in the Jewish world, the Discovery web site features the Bible Codes and lots of amazing Jewish stuff!
(Added: 28-Apr-2002 Hits: 456 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Etta Kossowsky Torah Talk
- The aim for this web site is to have open discussions on every possible topic related to Torah study. We welcome the involvement of men and women from anywhere in the world. If you have been working on a particular Biblical piece of text, we would be pleased to have your thoughts on it. If a particular Bible related topic has aroused your interest, please share your response to it with us. This site is set up as an extension of the Etta Kossowsky Fund learning programme which encourages torah learning for women in Israel through study groups. Like the Fund, it is a memorial to Etta Ehrman Kossowsky z.l.
(Added: 9-Sep-2004 Hits: 198 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 4) Rate It