Frequently Asked Questions
Section 4: Halachic Authority
- What is "Halacha"? How is it determined?
- Traditionally, what are the levels of
- Traditionally, what are the different rabbinic
- How can differing halachic rulings all be
- How does the Conservative movement deal with
- What is the difference between two Orthodox
rabbis who disagree and an Orthodox and a Reform who disagree?
- Who is RAMBAM that is mentioned and what are
his 13 principles?
- Who was Rashi?
- Who was the Ramban?
- What is Kabbalah and how can I learn about
- Who is allowed to study Kabbalah?
- Who was Rabbeinu Tam?
- What are she'elot u'teshuvot?
- What is the midrash halachah and the midrash
- Why did Rabbi Yehuda HaNasi only include certain
subjects for the 6 books of the Mishna and not others?
© (c) 1993-2005
Daniel P. Faigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>