Frequently Asked Questions
Section 6: Jewish Dietary Law and Kashrut
- What is Kosher? Doesn't a rabbi just bless the
- How can I learn about Kashrut? Is there a
- There are a wide variety of kosher symbols.
How do I learn who's behind them?
- I'm going to be in (insert city
here). How do I find the kosher restaurants?
- Do I need to have a kosher kitchen and kosher
home to keep kosher?
- I have heard that Polish Orthodox Jews wait 6
hours between eating milchig and fleishig and Dutch Orthodox Jews wait about an
- Why do Sephardim and Ashkenazim have different
customs regarding permissible foods on Pesach (Passover)?
- I'm a vegetarian health-food proponent. Is
kosher food healthier?
- Is vegetarianism kosher?
- What process is involved in Kosher
- I work in a prison, and I have an inmate that is
demanding Kosher Food? How do I know if his claim is justified?
- What are the issues involving Filet
- Why don't Jews eat Pork?
- Would the laws of Kashrut prevent Mad Cow
- Is Monkfish Kosher?
- Why do Jews separate Milk and Meat?
- Must Jews use wine?
- Are there parts of a kosher animal that cannot
- I have a friend coming over that keeps Kosher.
What do I do?
© (c) 1993-2002
Daniel P. Faigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>