Frequently Asked Questions
Section 9: Jewish Worship
- How does a rabbi differ from a priest?
- Do you need a rabbi for a wedding?
- Do you need a rabbi for a divorce?
- How do Jews pray?
- Is there a distinctly Jewish form of
- Does Judaism have a strong tradition of
religious art and music?
- What is a synagogue?
- What will I find in a synagogue?
- How is a synagogue operated?
- What functions does a synagogue serve?
- What is the name of the Jewish God?
- What is the reason for a "minyon" (a quorum of
10 men requried for certain prayers)?
- What is the "Shema"?
- Where can I learn about the prayers before
- What is the structure of the morning
- When should morning services start?
- Why do people put their tallit over their heads
when they pray?
- What is the importance of collective worship in
- What is the difference between Conservative
Prayer and Orthodox Prayer?
- What is the Timeline of Women in the
- Are extremely observant men permitted to pray at
© (c) 1993-2003
Daniel P. Faigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>