Soc.Culture.Jewish Newsgroups
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

[SCJ FAQ Logo]
< Q18.7.1 TOC Q18.7.3 >

Question 18.7.2:
For Further Information: How do I find a Reform congregation?


If you are in Northern America and have web access, visit the UAHC web page, where you will find a congregation list at Otherwise, contact your local regional council (

Outside of North America, contact the World Union for Progressive Judaism ( They will be happy to provide the names and addresses of synagogues anywhere in the world in response to inquiries. In those places where there may be no liberal synagogue, they will be happy to send whatever information they have, from other sources. Please contact their office, preferably by mail, fax or e-mail, at:

World Union for Progressive Judaism
838 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021
phone: (212)650-4090
fax: (212)650-4099

The FAQ is a collection of documents that is an attempt to answer questions that are continually asked on the soc.culture.jewish family of newsgroups. It was written by cooperating laypeople from the various Judaic movements. You should not make any assumption as to accuracy and/or authoritativeness of the answers provided herein. In all cases, it is always best to consult a competent authority--your local rabbi is a good place to start.

[Got Questions?]Hopefully, the FAQ will provide the answer to your questions. If it doesn't, please drop Email to The FAQ maintainer will endeavor to direct your query to an appropriate individual that can answer it. If you would like to be part of the group to which the maintainer directs questions, please drop a note to the FAQ maintainer at

[Prev ?]
[Sect Index]
[Next ?]
[Prev Sect]
[Global Index]
[Next Sect]
  [Reading Lists]  

© (c) 1993-2002 Daniel P. Faigin <>