Frequently Asked Questions
Section 19: Miscellaneous
- I want to become more observant. Where do I
- Why is "shabbat" spelled sometimes shabbath,
- What are some common Hebrew and Yiddish
phrases I see on S.C.J?
- What do all those abbreviations like Z"L mean?
- Is "shvartze" offensive? Is "goyim" offensive?
What about "nachriah"?
- What does "shiksa" and "shaygetz" mean?
- I am going to be in (name your
city), where can I eat, stay for Shabbat?
- What do bagels, lox, pastrami, falafel, garlic
pickles, kishka, and kasha have to do with being a Jew?
- What does Warren Burstein's signature mean?
- Who was the sixth Marx brother?
- Why do Hebrew clocks run clockwise, not
- I'm not Jewish. How do I show my love for the
- What is the origin of the word "kike"?
- What is the meaning of the part of the book of
Ruth where the guy at the gate takes off his shoe?
- I'm a health care provider? What do I need to
know for Jewish patients?
- What would be a good housewarming gift for a
- What is the meaning and origin of the phrase
© (c) 1993-2002
Daniel P. Faigin <email@example.com>